Dead Rising Has Amazingly Detailed Graphics (New Pics)

re

Otacon from mgs4 or Snake imo looked better and moved tons better. that chick "mary smith" from Heavy rains is by far the most realistic character ever shown in terms of animation and graphics in realtime. people prove me wrong

Otacon from mgs4 or Snake imo looked better and moved tons better. that chick "mary smith" from Heavy rains is by far the most realistic character ever shown in terms of animation and graphics in realtime. people prove me wrong

I disagree with the MGS4 comment, from what I've seen there appears to be more detail in this indian guys face. Of course we're all entitled to our opinions :) You've peaked my interest on this Heavy Rain game, do you have a link to it? I don't think I've seen it.

It's the animation quality not the texture resolution of the MGS4 characters that is impressive. And its not something you can compare in a screenshot.

I don't think Dead Rising is in the same league. But personally I think considering the genre, they did go above and beyond the call of duty to provide cinematic cut scenes. And they did a good job all things considered.

I'm not sure Heavy Rain is an actual game. What they showed at e3 was just a tech demo of their motion capture/animation system. The performance their animated character gives is very good. But I think the credit there goes to the actor who actually did the mo-cap not the quaility of their engine.

I think getting "good" physical performances from actors is going to be very important in the next gen. Even if a studio manages to create the most advanced animation studio on earth, if the actual performances by the actors doing the mo-cap are bad it will suck.

Getting Andy Serkis on board the HS game is probably going to yeild amazing results.

I disagree with the MGS4 comment, from what I've seen there appears to be more detail in this indian guys face. Of course we're all entitled to our opinions :)

True as I said before, weather or not you think something is better or not is highly opininated. I'm just saying in my opinion, I can say with a straight face that I think snake seems to look better. Thats all. :p

Remember lines like this..
kojima said:
[well, also for the polygon count for the mustache, (we) use about the same polygon count as an enemy soldier in (MGS) 3 consumes. In the mustache only.]
we are talking about one of these guys..
http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps2/games/features/images/37795-7.jpg
above his lip alone :LOL:

And the polycounts may not just be in his mustache. lol
notice the folding skin when his head changes positions...
mgs4skin0imxm5.jpg

this might be a shader effect like the one seen in heavy rain's eyebrows

Textures arent bad either as kojima pointed out you may be able to read small text on snakes eyepatch and uniform, and make out symbols of otacon's company.

I would even say GoW's faces (monster or not) may have more details than this indian characters face. http://www.xbox-360-shop.info/images/web_images/Gears of War/003.jpg

anyways this is getting old, just note im not saying dead rising doesnt look great, because it does.

Heavy Rain was (at E3) a tech demo.
Not really ,it was rather a game sample.HR aim to be a very cinematic experience ,they call it interactive drama.
Anyway The final game will be improved compared to what was shown at E3,with hopefully a better bridging of the Uncanny valley.

you call that detail?... check this out than...

If you're eyes are good enough for seeing detail than you'll admite that snake have more detail...

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/img_3683354.html

You believe this:

has more detail than this?:

I think my eyes are pretty good but I can't agree with you here :p

I would even say GoW's faces (monster or not) may have more details than this indian characters face. http://www.xbox-360-shop.info/images/web_images/Gears of War/003.jpg

GOW doesn't look that perfect. That's a render ;)

I must say you got me with that pic though (target renders were included in my statement). That GOW target render has it beat by a long shot. And I'm surprised you didn't post the RE5 target render which looks better aswell IMO.

Edit: Here we go

Last edited by a moderator:
GOW doesn't look that perfect. That's a render ;)
Of course it's a 'render'; it's not hand-painted so per definition it's rendered.

Do you mean to propose it's a non-realtime render however? Because, I seriously doubt that to be the case! To me, it looks like a model of in-game quality, I don't see why it shouldn't be. Your claim of it being too 'perfect' strikes me as somewhat nonsensical, there's visible aliasing in that pic for example.

Wha... are we comparing apples and oranges here ? based on only 1 image too.

The MGS scene has grass, graves, Otacon and a to-scale helicopter (in-game or CG ?). What does the Dead Rising scene include when the snapshot was taken ?

For that matter, why is the first picture only 62K and the second 506K ?

Has MGS been released ? How does the animation compare in the final game ?

to be fair patsu, Hardknock was comparing just the heads/faces. But I still stand by my orginal statement. Technically/Graphically speaking I find snake's head more impressive. And if Hardknock thinks the other is more impressive, thats his opinion too.
but ya, I think we are beating the dead horse here. one game isnt even out so a true comparison isnt even possible atm. lets just enjoy both games shall we? :LOL:

*scratch head* Ok, my apologies for jumping in like that.

*Close eyes, put hands together and whisper* (Please God, give us some new info soon. We are now comparing skins on 2 "old" guys' faces)

Visually, I'm of the opinion that the Indian's face shows more contour and details. Old Snake's moustache and wrinkles might be impressive but they didn't stand out in that shot. :)

Of course it's a 'render'; it's not hand-painted so per definition it's rendered.

Do you mean to propose it's a non-realtime render however? Because, I seriously doubt that to be the case! To me, it looks like a model of in-game quality, I don't see why it shouldn't be. Your claim of it being too 'perfect' strikes me as somewhat nonsensical, there's visible aliasing in that pic for example.

It's pre-rendered. The pic in question:

http://www.xbox-360-shop.info/images/web_images/Gears of War/003.jpg

An actual in-game pic of the monster (althought this is low quality due to being captured from a high-res trailer, you can clearly see the differences):

http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/2079/786_0001.jpg

Back