Have you ever been banned at any Forum?

Powderkeg has been banned before? Can someone please inform me what the banning policy is here? Because the last thing I'd like to see is him permabanned, for I enjoy his posts highly.

I get banned all of the time. I've been banned for saying there was an obvious system bias on this site in the console forums, and I've been premabanned from the RPS forum here. As near as I can tell this is the post that got me perma-banned.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showpost.php?p=808421&postcount=4

That was the most confrontational post I made that day, and I was permabanned within an hour of making it.

Of course, after posting in this thread I now fully expect to be banned again.

Well, whats the limit? I mean, like I said before your posts are highly valued by me, I'd hate to see you banned for good. Which means posting comes to a halt.

I would have added that to my last post, but aside from being banned I am apparently not allowed to have PM's or be able to edit my posts either. Not sure how that relates to being "overly aggressive and confrontational." Seems to me that they would want me to keep any confrontational statements to PM's, or edit the potentially offending comments out of my posts, but such is not the case.

Well, whats the limit? I mean, like I said before your posts are highly valued by me, I'd hate to see you banned for good. Which means posting comes to a halt.

You'll have to ask a mod that. I was told after making a post that I do admit crossed the line:

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

That post was the most serious infraction I made since that warning.

I get banned all of the time. I've been banned for saying there was an obvious system bias on this site in the console forums, and I've been premabanned from the RPS forum here. As near as I can tell this is the post that got me perma-banned.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showpost.php?p=808421&postcount=4

That was the most confrontational post I made that day, and I was permabanned within an hour of making it.
And why don't you tell everyone what it said before you edited it? :LOL:

Simple rule, if you don't like the board's rules or moderation don't post there. I learned that one a long time ago.

None yet, probably came closest here. I recall being "warned" once for what I considered at the time to be anti-borg behavior :LOL:

I once got negative rep from Dave Baumann himself!
That was scary and I'm not joking here! I actually felt sorry and bad for the rest of the day :LOL: (even though he never gave an explanation why the neg rep... maybe he meant to give positive rep instead and it was an accident!!!)

And why don't you tell everyone what it said before you edited it? :LOL:
Good point. And also a good reason why agressive posters should have their editing rights removed. I've seen enough threads where someone behaves badly. And after he's managed to get the worst out of the others in the thread, and someone points it out, he edits his posts to look innocent, and says "What, me? Where did I say that?"

Btw, I don't point that at anyone specific here. And I don't read RPSC so I don't know how people behave there.

nvnews and hardocp for me. Permanent IP bans. What can i say, I dont like going only halfass on a ban.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the reputation system has failed on B3D if someone can be suspended repeatedly and yet still be in the positive.

Oh well, no system is perfect.

It's curious to me that everyone who gets banned thinks it's unjust and that the admins/mods are out to get them. Is it realistic to think that one user, among thousands and thousands of others, is special enough to get noticed by an entire mod team if he wasn't breaking the rules?

It's curious to me that everyone who gets banned thinks it's unjust and that the admins/mods are out to get them. Is it realistic to think that one user, among thousands and thousands of others, is special enough to get noticed by an entire mod team if he wasn't breaking the rules?

Special enough to get noticed by all the mods? No. Its not exactly hard to get on the bad side of a single mod though whos just going to wait for an excuse to send you packing.

Good point. And also a good reason why agressive posters should have their editing rights removed. I've seen enough threads where someone behaves badly. And after he's managed to get the worst out of the others in the thread, and someone points it out, he edits his posts to look innocent, and says "What, me? Where did I say that?"

Btw, I don't point that at anyone specific here. And I don't read RPSC so I don't know how people behave there.
I think there needs to be a time limit, perhaps.

I will say things, hit submit. Then re-read and then it looks/sounds different than what I wanted it to. So I go back and change it.

The only time I was ever banned was a temp-ban here last week.

Because I posted a comedy thread with content ripped from my blog. The subject? Fruit fucking.

Now if I were just anybody with a zero post-count, I'd agree with the temp-ban. I've been here since 2000, though; posting 2 years before the forum changeover. And the content was clearly comedy and not real fruit/appliance sex. I used some profanity, and a few derogatory remarks, but it was all in good fun.

Back