Have you ever been banned at any Forum?

Banned or suspended? I've been suspended on GAF, nothing more. Yah, GAF is looking for any excuses to suspend/perma-ban users.

Though, almost everyone has been suspended on GAF, it's almost like a right of passage. :D

Not that I want to experience it, but what happens when you're banned :?: (notification?can't login?) I don't think I've been banned before.

The temptation, man, the temptation! :LOL:

It's not often they ask for it so nice and all, as a life-experience enhancer!

Prolly ought to give him a chance to confirm he's really thought about it tho. . . :cool:

Not that I want to experience it, but what happens when you're banned :?: (notification?can't login?) I don't think I've been banned before.

It depends from board to board. But on GAF if you're cookies are still working, then you get a "you are banned: naughty you" page. I don't know what it's like here on B3D. ;)

I still have a clean record. I have never been banned before, not even on GAF

You sir, sound like a boring poster. ;)

I have been banned from a forum.

I emailed a user personally to tell him exactly what I thought of him. This guy was a jackass.

So instead of emailing me back, he ran to the mods and showed them what I wrote, which promptly got me banned.

If he was within driving distance, he would have had a nice visit. But alas he is the otherside of the country.

Doesnt matter now, as the forum is mostly made up of people who cry endlessly about their girlfriends dumping them. its forum.overclockers.co.uk if anyone is interested and its not really a good forum anyhow.

I have been banned from the everquest2 forums, on several accounts. I was the leader of a really high end raiding guild and when we were bored and drunk at 2am we would go nuts on the forum. I talked with the community relations manager one time, he told me he wrote a script that would delete all the posts made by anyone in my guild we went crazy so often. I had a good laugh about that. I am pretty tame everywhere else though, so thats the only place I have been banned.

I was banned from SomethingAwful.com's forums. First post was my last. It was probably 3 paragraphs dedicated to flaming some idiot on there, which apparently goes against SA's "no flaming" rule. Pity, I paid to get there too.

It's ironic how the goons can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Never been banned from any forum except for this one, who likes to ban me at least once every 3 months or 6 posts where I am not praising Nintendo, whichever comes first.

Powderkeg: We don't "like" it, at all. And you see bias where there is none, and you're overly aggressive and confrontational when it suits you. So perhaps your post here means we're justified?

Powderkeg: We don't "like" it, at all. And you see bias where there is none, and you're overly aggressive and confrontational when it suits you. So perhaps your post here means we're justified?

Perhaps.

Of course it would go a long way to convince me that there was no bias if someone were to link to the exact post I made that got me banned from the RPS forum, and then turn around and ban every single user that I can find who made similar or more inflamitory comments.

Just to prove there is no bias.

Powderkeg has been banned before? Can someone please inform me what the banning policy is here? Because the last thing I'd like to see is him permabanned, for I enjoy his posts highly.

I was banned from Valve's steampowered forum for jokingly referring to them as the Valfia. I just made another account the next week with the name DudeMiester2, and no one cared.

Back