Quick Cat Update

linthat22

Regular
Well, after 2 weeks and one day I took the two kittens we adopted back to the owner yesterday.

I cried my ass off. I don't know what's was worse: having to put my first cat to sleep or taking these two little one's back to their owner looking at me with this "did we do something wrong" look on their faces. :cry:

Anyway, the wife gave it her best to not let her allergies get the best of her, but it did. We tried everything from constantly bathing them (which was odd cause they enjoyed it), using herbal remedies, do going to the doctor for an allergy test and medicine.

Overall her health is more important than some pets, but it's amazing how attached you can get after 2 weeks. I still miss them walking into a room where the wife and I are in and it's like they're checking on us. :cry:

So here's a farewell to Jane (Janie Bug) and Britches (Mr. Pants).

I used to be extremely allergic to cats. To the point of breaking out in hives for 2 days and having to get a diphenhydramine shot at the hospital allergic. Now I can play with kitties all I want and I'm totally fine. The only thing that changes was I started working outside, and thus am outside usually at least 10 hours a day. Dunno if it will help in your case, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

awwww T_T well, i hope you guys can let go. We fostered several animals for the SCAA in Shanghai, a pet rescue group. it was far far harder to foster, and then give up, animals, than to just adopt them, because we loved each other SOOO MUCH T_T but you guys did the right thing i'm sure. you gave the kittens loving homes for as long as you could, which, I'm sad to say, is no guarantee, even in America or Europe. So, for now it will suck, that's normal -- hopefully in a few months you can look back proudly on what you went through, and know it was the right thing. :)

I know I'm bringing this thread back from the grave, but I found it after searching for kittens... :yes:

Anyway, something I'll add:

About a few months ago I was getting troubles with our cats, sneezing, etc, and in extreme cases some breathing problems and some bad phlegm. It wasn't that fun.
However, one day someone pointed something out, I was having problems mostly after having breakfast. He suggested it might be a lactose problem, as I did drink a lot of milk (up to 4 litres a week at the time).

So I gave up milk in favour of rice milk. That was maybe 2+ months ago, and since then I don't think I've sneezed once. Had none of the other problems either. I can still drink milk, just not in large quantities like I used to.

It's a possibility.

Back