Number of Games and List of Exclusives for PS3, 360, and Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has killer instinct ever been announced? or is it just a rumor?
Fight night Round 3 an exclusive title?

no i don't think so and no technicly , the EA dev said ps3 is going to get a upted version of Fight Night he called it Fight night round 3,5 or something along those lines

and Simon like i said my list is compiled from gamespot mines the so called cancellations and untitled titles .

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=games&platform=1028&mode=all&sort=views&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc

Has killer instinct ever been announced? or is it just a rumor?
Fight night Round 3 an exclusive title?

Killer Instinct is a rumor. The next-gen version of Fight Night Round 3 is exclusive to the Xbox 360. EA's site does not mention the PS3, and EA in general has been rather silent about Fight Night Round 3. I admit this is speculation but there is valid reasoning behind it.

Killer Instinct for Xbox 360
EA's official page does not mention the PS3 under "Available Platforms"

no i don't think so and no technicly , the EA dev said ps3 is going to get a upted version of Fight Night he called it Fight night round 3,5 or something along those lines

and Simon like i said my list is compiled from gamespot mines the so called cancellations and untitled titles .

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=games&platform=1028&mode=all&sort=views&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc

I have seen that list, it has not been kept up to date. When I see games on it that have officially been cancelled like Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 and Endless Saga I discount the list as innaccurate and look else where for a more reliable source.

I have seen that list, it has not been kept up to date. When I see games on it that have officially been cancelled like Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 and Endless Saga I discount the list as innaccurate and look else where for a more reliable source.

oh man , then remove the cancelled games.

Then you need to review the validity of your own lists as some of those you listed aren't officially confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Killer Instinct is a rumor. The next-gen version of Fight Night Round 3 is exclusive to the Xbox 360. EA's site does not mention the PS3, and EA in general has been rather silent about Fight Night Round 3. I admit this is speculation but there is valid reasoning behind it.

Killer Instinct for Xbox 360
EA's official page does not mention the PS3 under "Available Platforms"
Wow, going off rumors? Then wouldnt it only be fair to put other rumors on the page? Like the ones surrounding theses games...

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Superman Returns
Monster Madness
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Bioshock
etc.

The whole Fight Night Round 3 thing is iffy. Just because there hasnt been any media on it, makes it a canceled/exclusive game? I guess that makes Assasins Creed exclusive as well then? I guess that means Afrika, Killzone, and GTA4 are canceled games.

Dispite whatever your intentions may be, Your're not being very consistant.

oh man , then remove the cancelled games.

I find it more fair to use the same source (wikipedia) for all of my data rather than different sources. After all, many different websites have many different numbers for the number of games in development for the PS3.

To everyone, thanks for all of your replies, I agree with the statement that I'm not being very consistent, but much of the information that I am trying to analyze is not public. By using one source, wikipedia, I feel like at least my source is consistent. If you guys feel wikipedia is not keeping up with its list of PS3 games you are free to add to the list.

I notice most of the feedback in this thread is suprise and anger. I am too young to have followed the PS1 and PS2 launch from a game development perspective, but I am dissappointed by the PS3 launch info so far. Am I being to hard on Sony? Or do their consoles usually launch like this? Or does Sony have some tricks up its sleeve?

I notice most of the feedback in this thread is suprise and anger. I am too young to have followed the PS1 and PS2 launch from a game development perspective, but I am dissappointed by the PS3 launch info so far. Am I being to hard on Sony? Or do their consoles usually launch like this? Or does Sony have some tricks up its sleeve?

First you need to recognize Japanese devs. Second you need to wait till TGS.

Can we stop linking to articles off this site - they're two for two now in terms of making a complete hames of these 'lists'.

It's not surprise nor anger. You're just not doing your "research".

You claim you want to stick to one source only, which is the first mistake. Proper work uses multiple source, since it's a lot more reliable. Moreover, your definitions are really fuzzy. You use the term "exlcusive" rather freely. Plus, some entries are really factually wrong, you seem guess games before they are announced.

But the main issue is you're doing it to make a point, rather to derive a point from your work. You really bent on making the results fit your point rather the other way around. That's not how to conduct a proper argument.

It's not surprise nor anger. You're just not doing your "research".

You claim you want to stick to one source only, which is the first mistake. Proper work uses multiple source, since it's a lot more reliable. Moreover, your definitions are really fuzzy. You use the term "exlcusive" rather freely. Plus, some entries are really factually wrong, you seem guess games before they are announced.

But the main issue is you're doing it to make a point, rather to derive a point from your work. You really bent on making the results fit your point rather the other way around. That's not how to conduct a proper argument.

Yes I agree with you on that, I think the main point I'm getting at with my blog is that the PS3 is going to have a small library of games, or at least an equal size library of games it's competitors. This will be a stark contrast to the PS2 which had 10x as many games as the Xbox and gamecube. Is it too soon to be able to discuss the PS3's potential game library accurately?

Simonx314, this is the second time you link to your own blog, which is fundamentally flame bait in the eyes of most posters on this forum. While I'm sure you had good intentions when you wrote that mini-article and linked to it here, the results speak for themselves. As such, we'd appreciate if you made an effort not to link to any such material here again - we won't do anything at this time, but consider yourself warned.

Beyond3D's console forums shouldn't be seen similarly to some (but not all, of course) other console forums where rampant, illogical rampaging flames are the norm. Let's limit ourselves to calmly discussing reliable topics and their ramifications, or at least analyze and/or criticize unreliable material. If you were really looking for feedback on a theory, posting a link to your blog post where you practically claim it is fact isn't the best way to achieve that. Not that such a thing is encourage either way, if the actual material is so flammable.

Uttar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back