New MGS4 trailer in a few days

Slay

Newcomer
According to Metalgearsolid.org Konami will show 2 new trailers one for MGS4 and one for MGS: Portable Operations at the Leipzig Games Convention witch takes place between 24 and 27 of August.

Frankly I'm tired of the trailers, all it does is fires up the speculation story wise. I want gameplay, hello TGS?

Sounds good, thanks for the info Slay. :D
Unexpected media is always nice, I wasnt expecting anything MGS4 related till TGS.

:LOL: ....maybe he'd be great in Hollywood.... hell he may end up directing one day. I wouldn't put it past him.

In a interview from not so long ago , he did say he might do that .

It was one of his ambitions btw.

"As a child, I wanted to be an artist or illustrator, but I was held back by a relative who was an artist. He had financial problems, and that discouraged me. The common belief in Japan, at the time, was the fine schools and proper education led to safe and well paid jobs. This was the Japanese ideal - a regimentation which had consequences for everyone who tried not to follow the mainstream. My dreams of becoming a movie director or book author came into conflict with this unwritten rule of society. It made life harder for me, and made me feel alone and rejected."

Is Kyle Cooper doing something in MGS4? Didn't he worked for MGS2/3 (no idea about 1)?

Unknown , but i wouldn't be surprised if he's going to be assisting with the intro once again.

Edit

And no he didn't work on the first mgs

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Metalgearsolid.org Konami will show 2 new trailers one for MGS4 and one for MGS: Portable Operations at the Leipzig Games Convention witch takes place between 24 and 27 of August.

Goddamn, I'll be in Leipzig for the developer conference but I'm leaving on the 24th. Damn damn damn!

Are they totally sure on that? They don't cite a source (?) I'd be surprised if Kojima cranked out two different sets of footage within the space of a month (for Leipzig and TGS - and you know TGS will definitely get new stuff, so..).

Are they totally sure on that? They don't cite a source (?) I'd be surprised if Kojima cranked out two different sets of footage within the space of a month (for Leipzig and TGS - and you know TGS will definitely get new stuff, so..).

Yeah, I believe they're wrong on this.

I never liked MGS a lot, but I hope they actually show some gameplay in the trailer.

Well if you'd like to get techincal, all cutscenes in every MGS game ever released has been composed of the in game engine. Therefore technically you already have.

This is exciting news. I can't wait to see it!

When a cutscenes intruduce by Kojima, it mean "ingame are intruducing by kojima". Kojima is a well respected developer known to all and he never once claim a cgi as an ingame footage or can't deliver what he had shown/promise.

Don't down play on Kojima, that's not cool. :devilish:

Have you guys considered that nintenho wanted to see *literal* gameplay? As in, the game actually being played?

Most people will take anything that they can get from Kojima and his team. If it's gameplay then I'm happy. If it's not, hey I'm still happy because I never have to ask myself "is this real-time or not?"

Most people will take anything that they can get from Kojima and his team. If it's gameplay then I'm happy. If it's not, hey I'm still happy because I never have to ask myself "is this real-time or not?"

that's fine and you can like what you get.... me, I'm just curious to see it in motion with a controllable character and AI and the works...

that's fine and you can like what you get.... me, I'm just curious to see it in motion with a controllable character and AI and the works...
It's just one of those things you kinda have to get over with kojima trailers. It's expected he will show a trailer in a motion picture style of story telling, not actual HUD and gameplay. I really dont care as long as he keeps up the great work. I dont need gameplay videos to validate what the game will look like, with kojima trailers you kinda just know what hes aiming for and what he will achieve in the final game.

But I dont knock you for wanting gameplay. I just dont get riled up when he doesnt show gameplay, because I already don't expect it.

Back