Bought myself a new system to take to south africa:
system.JPG

Conroe 2 Duo 6600
Zalman Heatsink
Asus p5w dh deluxe motherboard
2gigs of ddr2 800 memory
500w powersupply
ATI radeon x300se

huh? I was told it was state of the art. She went, on and on about the PCI Express.

She? As in SHE the SALESPERSON?!? Huh, selling state of the art goods. Whoo'd thunkit? I guess a chevvy Matiz is state of the art too in a sense

J/K. It's for your wife right, so I'm sure she'll do just fine with that card. As long as it was cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm why buy such a low powered desktop - a laptop would've been a better choice no? Merom isnt noticeably faster than Yonah anyway.

Aw, c'mon guys. Let him enjoy what he bought!

Have fun putting it together, I always love that, though I hate the period of booting it up for the first time wondering if it actually will. :)

Why should that matter, him being married?
I havent been with my wife for 9 months. Im actually flying to south africa in a couple of hours. lol. i wonder how much use this new system will get.

epic
ps im actually trading the x300se into this computer so i can take out my x850PE.

I hope you don't have problems with that board epic, I have had to slot in a Pentium 930 and flash the BIOS to 901 from ASUS#s site to get it to POST with a Core 2 Extreme X6800. This is a known issue now but I am not sure you are affected with the E6600. However if it doesn't POST update the BIOS.

I havent been with my wife for 9 months. Im actually flying to south africa in a couple of hours. lol. i wonder how much use this new system will get.

epic
ps im actually trading the x300se into this computer so i can take out my x850PE.

I would have happily sent you a 6600gt, I can't get rid of the damn things. And yes, one of them is that magical inbuilt Nvidia-hack card!

Back