Poll: What current gen console do you own?

What current gen console do you own?

• PS2

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • GC

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Xbox

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • PS2 + Xbox

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • PS2 + GC

Votes: 24 16.8%
  • Xbox + GC

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • PS2 + Xbox + GC

Votes: 28 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
darn, i quickly voted GC, but i think i probably should have voted GC + xbox. i had the xbox for a couple years before i moved to china, but i didn't bring it. while here i bought the GC. the question asks what you OWN so i answered corrctly, but I think I would have wound up buying the GC even if I'd kept my xbox, just as I'm pretty close to buying a PS2 right now. I'm just cheap, esp with consoles (got the xbox 2nd-hand).

All+DC- multiples of all of them except the DC(five kids, have to have something to keep them quiet :p ). Will do the same this generation without a doubt. Kids are all pumped for the Wii ATM which means I don't have to buy multiple launch PS3s(my bank account was psyched about that ;) ).

The breakdown of console owners here is far different than what we've seen for sales numbers. As of now the poll shows 89 PS2 owners, 73 GC owners, and 62 Xbox owners. That's not even close to the 6:1:1 PS2:GC:Xbox (roughly) ratio that sales have shown.

The breakdown of console owners here is far different than what we've seen for sales numbers. As of now the poll shows 89 PS2 owners, 73 GC owners, and 62 Xbox owners. That's not even close to the 6:1:1 PS2:GC:Xbox (roughly) ratio that sales have shown.

Yep, which is why I've said over and over that B3D is far from an accurate representation of the market.

Only a PS2 "this" gen. Gave me many gaming hours. Haven't used it much at all recently, (in fact it's disconnected to make way for the 360!), as I'm really waiting for the PS3. PSP floating around too. Although I must say the system that I game on the most these days is my mobile phone...

Gamecube only. I had an Xbox for a while, but I was very disappointed with how badly most PC ports turned out, and I'd gotten spoiled by Cube's load times. So I gave it to my former roommate. I keep tossing around buying a PS2, but I really don't have the time or money.

This poll might indicate that hardcore gamers are actually far more interested in Nintendo than one might think (most of my 1337 GAMZ0R friends have GCs, too). It's the random mouthbreathers that really make the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
GCN and Xbox. I play them an even amount, which at this time is zero.

Actually, most of the multiplayer games I play are on the GCN... and the Xbox has my single-player attention.

This poll might indicate that hardcore gamers are actually far more interested in Nintendo than one might think (most of my 1337 GAMZ0R friends have GCs, too).

Or it may just indicate that this place is where a large percentage of Nintendo fans hang out. Sort of like GAF, which a lot of members here also frequent.

This poll might indicate that hardcore gamers are actually far more interested in Nintendo than one might think (most of my 1337 GAMZ0R friends have GCs, too). It's the random mouthbreathers that really make the difference.

can't say about hardcore per say, but all adult gamers i know (i believe i'm a tad older than you, and so are my gaming friends) for sure are interested in the GC - and since these forums have a realtively mature populace, the results of this poll are quite natural for me, i.e. the majority being tech-savvy (owning all consoles from that generation) and mature gamers.

Last edited by a moderator:
can't say about hardcore per say, but all adult gamers i know (i believe i'm a tad older than you, and so are my gaming friends) for sure are interested in the GC - and since these forums have a realtively mature populace, the results of this poll are quite natural for me, i.e. the majority being tech-savvy (owning all consoles from that generation) and mature gamers.

I'm 25. Old enough to have cut my gaming teeth on the NES, not old enough to remember when Atari was anything other than that "stupid crappy system Dan has that never works and has ugly games." I think a lot of older nerds (i.e. 21 or older) post on this site.

I'm 25. Old enough to have cut my gaming teeth on the NES, not old enough to remember when Atari was anything other than that "stupid crappy system Dan has that never works and has ugly games." I think a lot of older nerds (i.e. 21 or older) post on this site.

by more mature i actually meant above their 20's : ) i'm 31, and many guys around here are older than that. overall b3d boards are fairly mature, you could just as well be below the mean ; )

Which reminds me... I can remember when the console debate was Atari vs. Coleco vs. Intellivision (well, not really a true "vs" since the Coleco played atari 2600 games with an adapter...).

Coleco all the way!

Back