List of Cancelled PS3 Games

Splinter Cell: Double Agent : It will be ported, its Ubisoft were talking about.

Oblivion : Assuptions based on old information, recent rumours suggest that a PS3 port is in the works.

Smackdown 07 : The PS3 will be skipping the '07 Smackdown release and pick up the franchise with the '08 version.

Condemned:Criminal Origins : The asumption was based on information thats over 12 months old.

Endless Saga : Cancelled because the developer thought the game was sub-par.

Elveon : Information is fuzzy on this.

Theseis : Expect a port soon.

Killing Day : Cancelled for EVERY platform.

mrboo said:
Splinter Cell: Double Agent : It will be ported, its Ubisoft were talking about.

Oblivion : Assuptions based on old information, recent rumours suggest that a PS3 port is in the works.

Smackdown 07 : The PS3 will be skipping the '07 Smackdown release and pick up the franchise with the '08 version.

Condemned:Criminal Origins : The asumption was based on information thats over 12 months old.

Elveon : Information is fuzzy on this.

Theseis : Expect a port soon.

What are your sources on this information. An Ubisoft employee has told us that Spinter Cell is not coming to PS3. It is pretty clear that Condemned, Elveon, and Theseis were cancelled as well. But your right, some of the info is fuzzy. Your fellow forum readers are able to appreciate your comments better if you provide some supporting facts or links.

What's the point of this list? Not only does it seem like it's lacking any real confirmations on most of them, but it seems to be including stuff that was never really confirmed in development anyways.

simonx314 said:
What are your sources on this information. An Ubisoft employee has told us that Spinter Cell is not coming to PS3. It is pretty clear that Condemned, Elveon, and Theseis were cancelled as well. But your right, some of the info is fuzzy. Your fellow forum readers are able to appreciate your comments better if you provide some supporting facts or links.

My source's for most of the information are common sense.

simonx314 said:

Who's 'us' and what was the exact quote?

Seems Thesies is indeed not coming, Elveon is probably still on it's way, unless MS is working on an exclusive with them but I doubt it.

mrboo said:
My source's for most of the information are common sense.

Common sense, or just wishful thinking?

For instance, the Thesis developers have said flat out that the only way a PS3 version will be produced is if they receive financial aid directly from Sony. I don't think common sense dictates that Sony will pay for a port of an unknown game from an unproven developer.

Common sense, or just wishful thinking?

Ubisoft porting games to other consoles isn't anything unheard of. It's what they do.

For instance, the Thesis developers have said flat out that the only way a PS3 version will be produced is if they receive financial aid directly from Sony. I don't think common sense dictates that Sony will pay for a port of an unknown game from an unproven developer.

I thought the official stance was that the PS3 version was never announced or even in development rather than being cancelled?

mrboo said:

Endless Saga was cancelled for PC too.

simonx314 said:
Visit gamespot or ign, read the news archive and you'll see most of the info is incorrect.

That site seems to be the work of a nintendo fan trying to argue 'developers are not ready for HD games' or something like that. :???:

Moonblade said:
That site seems to be the work of a nintendo fan trying to argue 'developers are not ready for HD games' or something like that. :???:
Where the hell did you get that? It's kind of funny to shove it in somebody's face on a forum that "your sytem is pwnd!!" or something but I don't get it on this forum and I don't like this topic. I think most people on forums are wondering "is the PS3 getting enough support" where at this point no company has an advantage at endorsing a system completely so it's funny and slightly disturbing. I wonder just how stupid analysts are going to sound on CNN the day PS3 launches explaining HDTV. Rough and tough with their teleprompters and all.

nintenho said:
I wonder just how stupid analysts are going to sound on CNN the day PS3 launches explaining HDTV. Rough and tough with their teleprompters and all.

LOL!
"and you see here, the resolution is HIGHER" "look at our 30000x zoomed in image, notice how there are more pixels compared to normal NTSC"

and then they'll probably put up a few of those images that you can find on wiki that show "screen space" sizes, and instantly convince 10 million people that you have to have a TV that is physically 2-3 times larger than a pervious TV, just to fit the HDTV resolution...

obobski said:
LOL!
"and you see here, the resolution is HIGHER" "look at our 30000x zoomed in image, notice how there are more pixels compared to normal NTSC"

and then they'll probably put up a few of those images that you can find on wiki that show "screen space" sizes, and instantly convince 10 million people that you have to have a TV that is physically 2-3 times larger than a pervious TV, just to fit the HDTV resolution...

OMG I hope that never happens. :LOL:

obobski said:
LOL!

It's such a simple concept but they simply don't know how to explain it. I hope they just gloss over it so people who don't know what it is just think it's another buzz word.

Back