Cell seminar slides (etc).

ADEX

Newcomer
Slides from the Cupertino seminar have been released by IBM (don't think? this has been posted before).

cellworkshop0606

The second online training presentation is also up, Evidently something is due in 2008, the "Cell BE DP" is also mentioned again in one of the slides.

CellTraining_Track1

There's also "intensive technical training" in El Segundo (California) August 23/24:

http://www.girvan.org/

ADEX said:
The second online training presentation is also up, Evidently something is due in 2008, the "Cell BE DP" is also mentioned again in one of the slides.

The 'Cell Broadband Engine - Double Precision' revision, designed to address complaints about the suckful performance when compared to single precision.

Thank you for posting these. I registered for the Cupertino session but could not attend last minute :(
For those who went, were there many attendees ?

ADEX said:
Nice find!!!
The reference to the "Cell BE DP" makes the next IBM version of Cell official now.

Where did you find the reference to 2008?

The reference to the "Cell BE DP" makes the next IBM version of Cell official now.

I wouldn't say it's official until it's officially announced. They have mentioned it now and again, I wouldn't say it's official yet.

Where did you find the reference to 2008?

It's in the MP3, no idea what it's about though.

I wouldn't say it's official until it's officially announced. They have mentioned it now and again, I wouldn't say it's official yet.
Yes, but up until now it's only been hearsay I think, that picture containing both the BE and BE dp unambigously implied a new version.

It's in the MP3, no idea what it's about though.
Thanks, I only read through the presentations.

I thought it was interesting stuff about how to optimize utilisation of the ring bus. There will indeed be tons of parameters for developers to tweak before they even come close to using the full potential of the SPEs.

Back