Ninety-Nine Nights Xbox 360 Demo Is Up

Dot50Cal said:
Some shots, Not very impressive honestly.

You really gotta see it when you're sending hundreds of guys flying through the air, it's pretty impressive stuff. The special moves are pretty awesome.

This game is underrated I think, I really like the RPG elements they've added, though it's too bad they didn't make the strategy/troop controls more like KUF.

Hardknock said:
And for those that didn't know you can click the right thumbstick in to change the camara distance ;)
Not very much though unfortunately, and the height of the viewing angle is also kind of restrictive.

It seems the camera is a big downfall in SO many console games, I don't understand why that's the case because the camera is hugely important in 3rd person 3D games.

ZoE2 was another example of a fantastic game that forced players of it to take it up the backside with regards to the (very) sub-standard camera. I would want to zoom out further than what 99N allows me to, to gain a better overall picture of what's going on.

I knew this game would suck from the moment that I saw the gameplay vid. THe gameplay vid look very generic and a DW rip off. I rather play DW anyday, if you think this game is great than you probably never play DW to begain with.

ssj-04 said:
I knew this game would suck from the moment that I saw the gameplay vid. THe gameplay vid look very generic and a DW rip off. I rather play DW anyday, if you think this game is great than you probably never play DW to begain with.

Different strokes for different folks.

I could just as easily point out that no DW game has ever averaged higher than a 78% in game reviews, and most have been in the high 60's to low 70's. Not exactly my idea of great.

Graphically, the game is impressive. Lots of stuff going on, lots of effects, lots of enimees. Very smooth overall, even though there are hiccups here and there (it seem to be loading issue, as it usually when there someone talking).

Gameplay? Okay, it sucks. Too many things going on. Definitely should tune down the number of enemies. Sound fx wasn't that impressive, however the music is really good. Oh, I wish there's some automatic camer control, I'm finding myself adjust the camera more than I should be.

Maybe with a little more handon times, I'll get accustom to it, but looks like bargain bin kinda game for me.

I downloaded the N3 demo and I haven't been able to put it down. The game play was really fun it doesn't get repetitive like I was thinking it would. My only complaint on this game is that your soldiers are for the most part absolutely useless. I was taking on hordes of goblins solo. I can wait until this games drops it's honestly one of the 360 games I’ve been waiting for.

Fun? It's just thumb aerobics: mash mash mash.

I wish more developers would look at games like God of War to understand how engaging 1 on 1 or large number of enemies can be made *fun*

Anyone out in USA land actually bought this? If so, can you see if the box has any region coding indication on it, please?

Thanks. I'd been using the Wiki page previously, however they were voting,for some reason, whether or not to delete the entry from Wiki. I looked last week and it had gone, then it had reappeared on Friday with the N3 entry, but I didn't know whether to trust it or not. Evidently its a copy of one of these others though, from the looks of it.

Anyway, yes, it does work fine and now my thumb aches...

Back