NV35 for a Q2 2003 release??

Luminescent said:
It may be capable of twice the shader ops per clock cycle (8 or 16), but twice the speed at half the clock. It would have around 4 times the capability :oops:. That cannot be, at least with the current stat of the .13 micron process.

The wings on the new Dawn demo were simplified, so it's probably not 4x the processing requirement.

[quote="Joe DeFuria) It is actually out at the time I put my new system together, which is looking like May/June. (Waiting primarily on release of springdale chipset.) [/quote]
If NV told you that you could get the NV35 in 1 week after you had gotten the rest of the components, would wait to get it. After the week was over they said "oh its just around the corner, you can bank on it" would you wait some more. Thats what I meant by that question joe. :)

@fuz: I wanted to add S3 to the mix, but the best I could do would make my sig very long. :(
. . . . . . . S3
. . . . . . . . : . . . . . .
. . . . . . .X : . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . : . . . . . .
ATI [ - - - - | - - - - ] NVIDIA

and this would have been a complete disaster:
. . . . . . . .S3 . .MATROX
. . . . . . . . : . ./
. . . . . . .X : . /
. . . . . . . . : ./
ATI [ - - - - | - - - - ] NVIDIA
where the only solutions would have been to use different size X's (X X X X)to denote how high you were on the graph, plain confusing, and ugly.
Had to just limit to 2 IHVs.

later,

[q]Well, June for availability seems pretty damn soon, given that its March and the NV30 isn't really available.[/q]

The NV35 team likely didn't look to the NV30 team's delay as inspiration to delay their product also. NV has had a chip ready within a couple months after a new core hit(GF1/GF2) previously they just didn't have a reason to ship it last time, this time they do ;)

NV35 team is likely to be the same 'team' as NV30. Teams usually work on concurrent architectures, so the 'team' that products NV30 is probably the same team that will produce NV35, while the team that is working on the NV40 architecture will probably work on NV45 leaving the NV30 team to work on NV5x.

yeah but the major work for the NV30 design team was done month ago.
I don't think they worked on all those manufacturing issues with NV30.

NV35 in June/July is possible. I am pretty optimistic that they will achieve that time goal.

Back