New Japan Xbox 360 Commercial

drpepper said:
The odd thing about that skit, was that wasn't a typical Japanese toilet. I'm talking about the asian squatters. Unless of course they are now moving towards a more western style?

Western style are becoming much more common, in large part because they take up less space.

So I just looked up an asian style toilet, I've seen one before but couldnt figure out how the hell you'd use it. So I finally found a link explaining, and I must say: What they heck were they thinking?

First, it sounds painful on the back, the position in no way supports your body. Secondly it seems amazingly open to causing mishaps. Third it just look so odd.

I'd say there's two reasons for a move to the western style toilet: It saves space, and its just better.

Okay, I'm done with the toilet discussion.

The odd thing about that skit, was that wasn't a typical Japanese toilet. I'm talking about the asian squatters. Unless of course they are now moving towards a more western style?
Nowadays, they tend to look a little more like this --
Wireless_toilet_control_panel_w._open_lid.jpg

And yes, that is the control panel for a toilet. Buttons for lifting the lid and lowering the seat and everything... Supposedly a few companies are working out Bluetooth-compatible ones with speech recognition.:LOL:

ShootMyMonkey said:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/Wireless_toilet_control_panel_w._open_lid.jpg
Woah, they even got a bacon button nowadays (the big one on the right)!

ShootMyMonkey said:
And yes, that is the control panel for a toilet. Buttons for lifting the lid and lowering the seat and everything... Supposedly a few companies are working out Bluetooth-compatible ones with speech recognition.:LOL:

:LOL: I used a similiar model when I was in Japan. Except for the lift the seat buttons it was the exact copy of that model. I really took it for a ride and tried all of the functions and programs. :cool:

Just a little note on the advert, the main singer of that band, no matter how silly they look is dating Ayumi Hamasaki. That alone gets huge respect from me.

Back