New Japan Xbox 360 Commercial

Heretics! Burn the X360 supporters!

(All...5 of them) ;)

Anyhoo... it's ok, I guess. I never really got into any of the commercials they put out. I think they should make more use of the animation where the X hits the grey sphere as it comes on-screen for some "epic-like" commercial.

Alstrong said:
Heretics! Burn the X360 supporters!

(All...5 of them) ;)

:LOL: I got the same impression. They are trying to lynch them.

Anyway, apparently this was made by an American advertisement company.

Yes, it is clearly the story of 5 young men who's lives were brought together by xbox live. But now they are outcasts of Japanese society. And must stay on the run from the Playstaion fans who would will never understand the the love that keeps them together.

huh? Maybe there'll be a follow up ad to explain it? Otherwise I've no idea what the point is (like so many ads these days...)

Powderkeg said:
Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that they give the Blood Types of those guys?

Nope, that is pretty common among Japanese people. It is meant to symbolize your character. Couple of my friends asked me for mine, so I am kind of used to it by now. Kind of like Zodiac signs.

hupfinsgack said:
Nope, that is pretty common among Japanese people. It is meant to symbolize your character. Couple of my friends asked me for mine, so I am kind of used to it by now. Kind of like Zodiac signs.

They actually believe your blood type has anything to do with your character?

:LOL:

Well, I guess that would be more socially acceptable than comparing penis sizes.

Powderkeg said:
They actually believe your blood type has anything to do with your character?

:LOL:

Well, I guess that would be more socially acceptable than comparing penis sizes.

It's not that odd. Remember Kretschmer tried to sort people's personality by their body stature. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Kretschmer . At first, it really sounds a little strange, but everyone got their "superstitions".

Powderkeg said:
Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that they give the Blood Types of those guys?

Ever wondered why Japanese games characters are always assigned a blood type?

My understanding of the blood type interest is that it comes from the deep rooted yearning for greater demarcation within a largely homogenous society. It’s a natural manifestation of the human desire to differentiate.

Which is something a lot of anime and manga self-deprecate within Japanese culture by having characters introduce themselves to strangers by pretty much reciting a mildly abridged autobiography. About as definitive as it gets.

My dad tells me of a power plant he was working at in Tiruchi where one of the supervisors who came in for routine inspections had this need to try and pay everybody a unique compliment to make them feel special. When he ran out of things to say, he'd simply form this friendly-sounding sentence where he effectively just told you your name, your job, and where you were doing it. e.g. "You know... Of all the xxxxxes in the world, you're the one and only xxxxx monitoring boiler pressures in a plant on ****** street in Tiruchi."

After working a stressful day in cubicle hell that commercial ripped the last remaining bits of masculinity off me like my fat sister sucking chicken meat off a bone.

Back