New MotorStorm HD Video

london-boy said:
Can't say i'm impressed.. At least it looks like fun though...

This is one time most anyone will agree it looks FAR FAR better in motion. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will re-encode the video for you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!! It looks much better than I was expecting.

I think I am more impressed by this than their original prerendered target videos.

There are some shimmering and AA issues - especially in the wide shots. In the close up shots it looks like DOF and Motion Blur really help make it less noticable.

But damn. After the pretty weak demo they showed at e3, this is far beyond my expectations. It looks completly next gen.

And ya, the screenshots do no do it justice. In a still shot the blur effects look damn ugly. In motion, it looks like a film.

It looks good except for the mud splatter on your screen and it looks dark. The crashes look really good and somehow the drivers wave their arms at you.

I'm uploading an AVI version of the video. Should be up soon. Just in case the MOV wouldn't play back right for someone else like it wouldn't for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link to the HD vid, Angelcurio. That helps us finally see what's going on...

This looks really quite a lot better than I had expected it to. Wow.

After seeing that, I don't care about the graphics anymore...I know they'll be fine. The point is, that game looks fun like crazy.

I counted 16 cars on the track in that third-person view about 10 seconds in. It looked insane. How many cars will the online have? Anyone know? If it can do more than 12 cars in online with those crazy physics at a good frame rate, I'm in.

The_Standard said:
Thanks for the link to the HD vid, Angelcurio. That helps us finally see what's going on...

This looks really quite a lot better than I had expected it to. Wow.

After seeing that, I don't care about the graphics anymore...I know they'll be fine. The point is, that game looks fun like crazy.

I counted 16 cars on the track in that third-person view about 10 seconds in. It looked insane. How many cars will the online have? Anyone know? If it can do more than 12 cars in online with those crazy physics at a good frame rate, I'm in.

Online will have 16 and offline will have 20, IIRC. Should be a fun chaotic game.

Very nice trailer. I like the accumulating dirt on the vehicles, flying car parts or dirt-bike drivers hitting other stuff causing dynamic gameplay situations, the beginning of the race with 8+ highly detailed/animated vehicles taking off within dust clouds, the physics are looking like the perfect mix of believability and cartoonishness.

Yes, it's not the E3 concept CGI trailer 1:1, but IMHO the gameplay/visual-concept and feeling is there. Very impressive for a first gen PS launch title.

OT: now that Evolution Studios got their PS3 warm up set done, I wanna see some heavy lifting with perfect form ... proper next gen WRC please! ;)

ChryZ said:
Yes, it's not the E3 concept CGI trailer 1:1, but IMHO the gameplay/visual-concept and feeling is there.

Definitely. Dare I say it, the cockpit stuff at times is quite reminiscint of the concept trailer..

I can't trust screenshots of this game anymore, because it looks far far better in motion. Really great video.

There were only about 10 vehicles there too..final game will have up to 20 per race :devilish:

Wow, that's actually a lot better than I was expecting... It actually looks rather good in motion -- hectic as hell too.

dodo3 said:
Worst thing about this video: It's taken at night. I bet in daylight it like 2x better. :D
Last time I was at night in non-urban area I didn't see anything without a flashlight. Are you sure it is night, not evening?

aselto said:
Last time I was at night in non-urban area I didn't see anything without a flashlight. Are you sure it is night, not evening?

Nvm. Seems that my color filter is screwy! :oops:

Back