GPGPU BOF at SIGGRAPH

mhouston

A little of this and that
Regular
We've gotten a GPGPU BOF scheduled at SIGGRAPH. More information here:

http://www.gpgpu.org

There is a link to a forum post where we are tracking how many people we are expecting to make sure we have room large enough.

Tempted to sticky this since I know more than a few forum users will be at SIGGRAPH this year and (IMO) this BOF will be one of the more interesting things to make it to.

Mike: will there be a summary posted at GPGPU.org sometime after the fact, for those that can't make it?

The plan is to have an informal meeting, but we'll try to take notes and post them about the more interesting discussion points. Anything interesting will be turned into forums threads on GPGPU.org I'm sure. And, I'm guessing much of the physics on GPUs discussion will also continue here and possibly on hardforums.

For all those folks who plan to attend SIGGRAPH and might make it to the BOF, please let us know you are coming in the GPGPU.org forums

There will be a full GPGPU course at Supercomputing 2006 for those that want a more hands on tutorial and discussion.

I'll be at Siggraph this year so I'll try to attend this BOF, too bad they didn't have a full track tough. The talks last year about adaptive data structures and database searching on GPUs was really interesting.

The course was submitted, but sadly not accepted, eventhough it was one of the highest ranked. The Boston Convention Center is tight in terms of space, so we were ousted in favor of more traditional graphics topics, which I can understand.

Back