Was the Getaway at E3 2006 real time?

Bad_Boy said:
Well to be honest I dont really think we have seen the "beef" of Warhawk yet, just one level and some snippets of ground gameplay on the website. IMO Everything so far looks on par from what we have seen before. The developers mention several times in interviews that their are much more enviroments and gameplay (like hundreds of planes on screen) we havent seen just yet. Similar stuff with resistance: fall of man.
Which is why I hope to see more of it soon before I finally decide whether or not it's worth it. As for Resistance, I don't know what happened. It's a mixed bag, because it definitely improved over last year, yet the character models seem to have worsened.

I dont think we really have seen enough of GT:Mobile to make any assessments on what it actually was. I do remember the super AA'ed up shots though, but that wouldnt be any different from the recent gears of war shots. Fact is, we havent seen anything or heard anything about GT:Mobile for a while.
We haven't seen anything that was really GT:Mobile. At first, it was supposed to match GT4. Then we saw pics and it looked amazing, more than on par with GT4. Then we haven't seen anything about the game for 2 years, and I'd think that if it was truly as far as it was when it was "showed" on the PSP, we definitely would have had something new by now. Then Polyphony stating that they'd take a different approach just kills it for me.

And about Gundam, Do you think Sony should get the bad rep for Bandai's trailer and development? Thats like saying microsoft is at fault for frame city killer. Doesnt really seem fair to me. But I understand how you feel with motorstorm. The orginal Getaway, not so much, the early shots werent that different from the final. Same with resistance.
I'm saying I have beefs with developers who purposely mislead me, and sadly, it seems to be happening a lot on the PS3. The difference between those situations is that Namco did not release an amazing looking trailer for the 360, and then reveal it looking as bland as it did. They were at least straightforward. (This does happen on all consoles, the misleading, but it's just overwhelming on the PS3) The original Getaway screens look considerably better than the final game. There was even an image where someone put the two together.

I dont understand what you mean about Lair, the previous trailers and tech demos were indeed real. And did look spectacular. The e3 2006 trailer is kinda up in the air though
Someone with the latest EGM stated that the image shown is definitely not looking as good as previously shown.

Bad_Boy said:
I dont understand what you mean about Lair, the previous trailers and tech demos were indeed real. And did look spectacular. The e3 2006 trailer is kinda up in the air though

Well Bad_Boy a guy working on Lair had this to say about a person's comment.

somebody said:
I have the impression that the model of the dragon and his rider are the same that on the photo coming from the GC slide. It's very beautiful. Felicitations to Factor 5 Team .

Guy working on Lair said:
Yes, I showed all three of those models at my GDC talk.
Matthias

And this is the GDC slide they were talking about.
http://www.langsuyar.com/news/images/e3_2006_01.jpg

Looking at the e3 2006 trailer, the hallway scene was definitely prerendered. The outside version seems less suspective.

EpicZero said:
Which is why I hope to see more of it soon before I finally decide whether or not it's worth it. As for Resistance, I don't know what happened. It's a mixed bag, because it definitely improved over last year, yet the character models seem to have worsened.
Lets atleast wait until we see a final game before we start calling stuff.

EpicZero said:
We haven't seen anything that was really GT:Mobile. At first, it was supposed to match GT4. Then we saw pics and it looked amazing, more than on par with GT4. Then we haven't seen anything about the game for 2 years, and I'd think that if it was truly as far as it was when it was "showed" on the PSP, we definitely would have had something new by now. Then Polyphony stating that they'd take a different approach just kills it for me.
I really wouldnt put much into those pr shots. They were released even before the psp came out in Japan. Theres hasnt been anything GT:Mobile in the news for a long while, and the only thing we know is that it is still coming...one day. Like above, Id atleast wait for some media until we start calling stuff. We havent seen anything for more than over a year, and the game still isnt out yet, who knows what it looks like now. I'd expect it to look like GT4 anyways. Minus the marketing amounts of AA, and maybe some lower textures is what id expect for the differences. It's a handheld console port after all.

EpicZero said:
I'm saying I have beefs with developers who purposely mislead me, and sadly, it seems to be happening a lot on the PS3. The difference between those situations is that Namco did not release an amazing looking trailer for the 360, and then reveal it looking as bland as it did. They were at least straightforward. (This does happen on all consoles, the misleading, but it's just overwhelming on the PS3) The original Getaway screens look considerably better than the final game. There was even an image where someone put the two together.
Fair enough but I wouldnt take Bandai's actions out on Sony. Doesnt make sense to me, regardless of the console. But on the other hand you have to put in perspective the game is barely done, 30% done IIRC. And obviously most of the other PS3 games are not done. Do you have a link to the Getaway image?

EpicZero said:
Someone with the latest EGM stated that the image shown is definitely not looking as good as previously shown.
We have already seen Lair in real-time on multiple occations, I dont see why there would be downgrades now. I'd like to see some proof, not saying EGM is wrong. They could of shown the exact same stuff during the GDC demo and I would have been fully impressed.

they never showed anythiing from gt4 mobile (if there is indeed such a thing) they only showed PS2 stuff as filler

Back