Zidane headbutt

digitalwanderer said:
Headbutting is so lowbrow....
Not as low as insulting one's mother and sister.
But what he did was wrong, he should've waited after the match to kick Materazzi's ass.

thehulk said:
Not as low as insulting one's mother and sister.
But what he did was wrong, he should've waited after the match to kick Materazzi's ass.

Assuming, of course that Zidane is telling nothing but the truth and Materazzi is telling nothing but lies! It's all hearsay at the moment and Zidane is still in the wrong.

He clearly said something that provoked a reaction. In doing so he got the opposing teams best player sent off and quite possibly won the world cup for Italy.

I wonder how much of the consequences were planned out in advance?

Materazzi insulted Zidane's sister, he admitted it (no racist insults anyway..just the 'usual' whore thing..)

I'd only seen this version of events:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13804403/

Basically...

“I didn’t say anything to him about racism, religion or politics,â€￾ Materazzi told the Gazzetta dello Sport. “I didn’t talk about his mother, either. I lost my mother when I was 15, and even now I still get emotional talking about her.â€￾

Hilarious, people can think of such crazy things. :LOL:

Has it featured in any satirical (Like The Daily Show with John Steward) show in your country?:LOL:

That's the worst move in the man's (DEAD) career.
He could've gone down as a legend, now he's just a vicious dummy.

Altcon said:
That's the worst move in the man's (DEAD) career.
He could've gone down as a legend, now he's just a vicious dummy.
He is already a legend and one of the all time greats based on his achievements and abilities.
Sure the headbutting will be a blemish on his record (a la Maradona's hand of god), but it will not diminish his stature.

Fucking phenomenal post! I didn't see the entire page load, but if someone posts one where he headbutts Kelsey Grammer in his infamous plummet he takes off a stage during a speech, I would probably go into cardiac arrest from laughing.

Sound included....

Just saw it on TV.
The Globo TV network got the videotape of the frontal conversation and Materazi mouth.
The mouth reading experts said he called Zidane´s sister a whore two times and then he said Zidane was an islamic terrorist.
Still doesnt justify.

pascal said:
Just saw it on TV.
The Globo TV network got the videotape of the frontal conversation and Materazi mouth.
The mouth reading experts said he called Zidane´s sister a whore two times and then he said Zidane was an islamic terrorist.
Still doesnt justify.
Does not make any sense, even Zidane in his canal + interview said that Materazzi didn't say to him any racist insult/terrorist stuff and Materazzi confirmed this. (and since Zidane have lived 7 years in Italy he should understand italian pretty well..:) )

nAo said:
Does not make any sense, even Zidane in his canal + interview said that Materazzi didn't say to him any racist insult/terrorist stuff and Materazzi confirmed this. (and since Zidane have lived 7 years in Italy he should understand italian pretty well..:) )
Probably the TV/journalists making sensasionalism.

Back