Card Upgrade questions

mtzlblk said:
.. I would probably do so through my USB Creative 24-bit External 'card'...
That would definately not incur the problem. Anything that uses your soundcard as the sound device is not a problem.

It's only if you try to use Rage Audio Capture or ATI Tuner/Crossbar audio devices (in any software where you can specify the audio source) where it becomes a problem. These default to their digital NSP capture WDM drivers vs. analog, and with the new unified stream drivers, no way to revert to the SP analog ones.

Sharkfood said:
That would definately not incur the problem. Anything that uses your soundcard as the sound device is not a problem.

It's only if you try to use Rage Audio Capture or ATI Tuner/Crossbar audio devices (in any software where you can specify the audio source) where it becomes a problem. These default to their digital NSP capture WDM drivers vs. analog, and with the new unified stream drivers, no way to revert to the SP analog ones.

Nope those won't catch me, but i will keep my open for any problems that look they are related to audio, Avivo, HT etc.

Now.....if I could only get my hands on a 400w power supply that will fit in my damn ATX-micro case.....aaargh!

I found one that mimght do and one the is veeeery veeeeery close. I wqill have to order it and see, may need a crowbar to fit it.

Back