The Rydermark Thread (TM)

Take a look at EliteBastards front page. Not only the same screenies, but Hanners reports:

A few months ago now, you may remember that we announced a partnership with Candella Software with regard to their forthcoming Rydermark benchmark. Slippage being what it is, we're still yet to see any code land in our laps, but what has showed up tonight is a few screenshots which might help to give you a taster of the application.

WARNING: DO NOT SEEK OUT AND WATCH THE VIDEO.

You'll scream. It's horrible and you'll want those minutes of your life back and only conclude that someone is seriously taking the piss.

I am not kidding. It aint worth it, not even to laugh at.

Jawed

WARNING: DO NOT SEEK OUT AND WATCH THE VIDEO.

You'll scream. It's horrible and you'll want those minutes of your life back and only conclude that someone is seriously taking the piss.

I am not kidding. It aint worth it, not even to laugh at.

Jawed
I've never seen Jawed so upset...

Gah! The two that's also posted in l'Inq still looks more fake than tits on a bull, and the last one is... well... Just plain ugly.

Edit: Some analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrm strangely enough I got an email from Candela this morning with those EXACT same screenshots.

What a coincidence that screenshots Faud personally took and the ones Candela has emailed out to press to troll up PR are exactly the same.... I mean, what are the chances? He in one lucky screenshottaker.

What a coincidence that screenshots Faud personally took and the ones Candela has emailed out to press to troll up PR are exactly the same.... I mean, what are the chances? He in one lucky screenshottaker.
Oh, ye of little faith. The obvious explanation is that Candela has sent out the screenshots Faud took to lend that extra shine of credibility to them. I think that's a fair assessment, especially in these suspicious times. Or not. :devilish:

I still remember him using screenshots from my GeForce Ti500 review way back when. It was obvious he took em from my review as my watermark in the picture is there. Despite two emails where I asked him to attribute the source of the pictures, they're still there, though he did change the text from "here are some pictures I took" to "here are some pictures of the demo in action" :).

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=4140

And yes I have a long memory especially when it comes to the Inquirer (pics were taken on a Ti500 not a 4 :)

Heh I thought the whole demo reel was a joke. I mean seriously, three static boats three lights moving around and some running water. Gee it looked like a prettified GeForce 1 demo :).

I've been trying to resist saying this, but I can't help it anymore. Those boats are fugly. F-U-GLY. Fugly. A talented 4th grader with the Crayola 96-pack would have tossed those boats back as not up to snuff.

I'd liken this to what the Victorians did with lanterns, slides and projection screens back in the days before cinema. It's that bad.

Jawed

Heh I thought the whole demo reel was a joke. I mean seriously, three static boats three lights moving around and some running water. Gee it looked like a prettified GeForce 1 demo :).
Aw c'mon, it had "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" playing in the background....it HAS to be important!!!

(Or else at least think itself is, very much so.... LOL! )

Back