No ads in forum?

Parousia

Banned
There haven't been any ads for the past couple of days. Is it just me or is this really true and here to stay?

Hmm, they're always there (in all the usual places) for me - both at home and at work. I can see where some of you live but what areas of the globe are most non-advert'ers?

On the particular page you posted on, Neeyik, there was no top ad. And where I live is prolly no secret. :) No top ad on this page either where I'm typing. Didn't really think to study this issue before I stumbled on this thread, so I don't know if ads have been missing all over the site, and if so, for how long.

Then again, ads on B3D tend to come and go a bit as they please, heh... The relevancy is often of debatable too, with dating services and travel agencies cropping up about as often as animated mouse pointers and smileys do. I'd kill for some proper 3D hardware ads from the big-name manufacturers, like they have on say Anand or HOCP for example.

Ok, not kill maybe, but you know what I mean. :p

Where I'm at (central US), there's not only no add at the top. . .there's no spot for an ad at the top either. It's not like a banner spot is there with no content. . .the "Home Articles Reviews Previews Interviews Contact" thingy is flush against the top of the browser window.

geo said:
Where I'm at (central US), there's not only no add at the top. . .there's no spot for an ad at the top either. It's not like a banner spot is there with no content. . .the "Home Articles Reviews Previews Interviews Contact" thingy is flush against the top of the browser window.
Same here, southeastern US at the moment. I thought, "Uh, is Adblock broken?" Then I checked, and no, beyond3d.com is still whitelisted, and ads showed up on the front page. And then I tried IE, saw no ads. Snazzy.

Gosh, now this is odd. Ten or so minutes ago I was on the boards and the top ad was present; just come back on now and it's gone. Actually the whole ad section is gone - no blank white bit or anything like that; the top of the page literally starts at the home/articles/etc menu.

No, I am saying that I dont see ads after the new instalation.
I am just reporting the observed facts and I dont know if there is any cause/effect relation.

Back