See what you say in Gears of War

sweet - I wonder how it will handle lag - or garbled voices from mic up.

hmm ... I'd like to plug the mic into a song or two and have the dude running about blasting up some lucusts singing "let the bodies hit the floor" :LOL:

The amazing thing is we are now just four months from the tentative release date of this game!

As well as PS3, Wii, etc!

I am more excited about the fact that you could give voice commands to your AI buddies in single player. If done correctly that would allow for a level of immersion never before done in a videogame.

Proelite said:
I am more excited about the fact that you could give voice commands to your AI buddies in single player. If done correctly that would allow for a level of immersion never before done in a videogame.

I think it was done in Rainbow Six PC actually.

Proelite said:

I guess you haven't played Socom? :p

chroniceyestrain said:
The machinima scene is going to love this
Right, I cant wait to test this out with songs from "The scatman" and random body noises, if the game somehow manages that, proceed further with 200bpm hardcore-gabber sounds.

Ghost Recon 2 had voice commands, it wasn't the first to have it but I thought it was implemented well. Ot wasn't as complex as RS3 for Xbox though.

Guden Oden said:
It's "lipsynching" the trombone solo... :p :LOL:

Seriously, some youtube videos are simply too damn LONG. 20-30 seconds would have been plenty enough.
Yeah, that is becuase the kid was playing the song though his mic, and I just found that with a quick search for "cs lip sync" and figured that got my point across well enough. "See what you say" isn't new by any means, though I am glad to see Gears doing it and I hope more games pick up on it as it does add to the immersion quite a bit.

Back