Favorite youtube video

James Cameron and Peter Jackson are both shooting their current projects with dozens of RED cameras, although a different model I believe (Epics, instead of Scarlets), so, yeah. They probably produce some pretty stunning imagery. ;)

Facebook shut down? Oh man, I might just sign the petition for SOPA.

Yeah I'm a grumpy old git.

Yeah, if SOPA manages to actually kill off fecking facebook I'm all for it. Death to that evil garbage I say.

Yeah, if SOPA manages to actually kill off fecking facebook I'm all for it. Death to that evil garbage I say.
Funny :)

But the thing to bear in mind here is that since its inception, DMCA has been abused again and again by people who don't even own the content in question to take down content they just don't like. Uri Geller, for example, used DMCA to take down a video on YouTube that showed how ridiculous he was:
http://www.slumdance.com/blogs/brian_flemming/archives/002574.html

SOPA/PIPA have the exact same vulnerability to malicious people, meaning that if a person simply doesn't like a website, they can force that website to be completely shut down with no justification whatsoever. SOPA/PIPA, in other words, will completely break the Internet.

Anytime the government gets involved, things go bad..no matter how good the intentions. Just look at freddy/fannie and the US housing market. Good intentions..outcome not so good.

Anytime it gets involved? Surely that's not really the case now is it. In any case this is dangerous territory to tread, lest this whole thread gets thrown into quarantine in RSPC... :p

And no, I wouldn't sign for SOPA/PIPA, ever. Not even if I knew for a fact it would kill off facebook for good and make Mark Zuckerberg its little bitch, as tempting as that would be. Hah.

Back