Favorite youtube video

"If a storm is blowing through, there is no quick way down", he said.

Well, actually there is! :D:D:D

Shit, I get vertigo just from watching the tiny embedded youtube window... You literally could not pay me enough to repeat that climb. No fucking way.

I may have THE worst fear of heights, out of anyone on the face of this planet. Ironically, I work in skyscraper. Window washers are another one of those professions where you need to have some serious testicular fortitude. Every week, I see guys rappelling down the side of my building to wash the windows. Some nooks of my building require the windows to be washed by literally dangling by a rope, instead of the platform most washers use. They sit on these makeshift chairs, fit for one person, and rappel down the side of our building like a SWAT team member using ropes, just so the windows of our building can be washed. The whole industry is fucked up, to me. I don't think these individuals even receive hazard pay. Hazard pay is defined by individuals subject to extreme physical discomfort during work, or the act of willingly putting yourself in harm's way. I have a picture floating around somewhere, that I took last year of a window washer's platform malfunctioning a few blocks away from me. The platform was askew and the contraption that controlled the height of it was malfunctioning. These guys sat at like a 50 degree angle for hours like thirty five stories high, until rescue workers came and grabbed them. Although, I've heard fatal errors are usually the product of gross negligence, like not tying the rope correctly or whatever. But still, there isn't enough money in the world for me to work a job like that.

It's a trap!
(Surgeon General's warning: if listening to children in distress makes you upset, do not proceed.)

Another one from Space Control.

These guys combine stop motion animation, time lapse and a fetich-like affection for 8bit-era sound.

That's like my three favourite things :!:

Cheers

Back