Favorite youtube video

Here's a small look at two of the detectors of Cern's Large Hadron Collider, from a couple years ago. It's still under construction at this point, and shows parts of the ATLAS and CMS detectors. Video courtesy of the Bad Astronomer, Phil Plait.
Oh, Brian Cox was on "Friday Night with Jonathan Ross" last week. He was quite amusing.

Ye gods... Just imagine what would happen to those idiots if they'd lose their grip on the car door. Instant darwin award for sure!

As for how they skate, I'd imagine some kind of hard plastic sole on their shoes or somesuch that creates low friction. Doesn't look like metal, otherwise that'd be my first thought. (You don't want the road surface eating away all of the sole of the shoes! UGH! You'll never use those feet for anything again afterwards... Correction: WHAT feet?! :LOL:)

Thats great, now I had to spend 90 minutes watching all 9 parts of it :D
I could stand the 2nd (1st? :LOL:) Star Wars trilogy back when I could just watch it and not think too much about what I was seeing, all the weird flaws in the story, the huge giant glaring holes in the logic, all the missed opportunities and so on, all painted over (poorly) by glitzy special effects. However these days I can't do that anymore.

I dunno what it is with Lucas, it's like his genius is inversely proportional to his financial success or something. He even managed to fuck up Indiana Jones the other year. Man, that takes some doing!

Me too :) I watched the star trek generations, and the Avatar one as well...my wife was wondering about the random bits thrown in though

You shouldn't miss out on the Phantom Menace review either, way way way more entertaining than the movie itself.

Cheers

This one is absolutely brilliant

edit:
It was posted already apparently, but the earlier isn't available anymore via that link

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome meteorite vid, Blaz!

Here's some WoW machinima, just because I feel in that kind of mood... The first video is a re-interpretation of Discovery Channel's "I love the world" TV commercials and recently won a Honorable Mention in Blizzard's Rise to Power competition (although I myself consider it a winner, or at least a tie with Welcome to the Deadmines):

Second is "Warrior's Dream", third-place winner at Blizzcon 2009 - and I may have posted this one before, but it's sooo good I think that it deserves a second go. :) Just close your ears at the terrible and misplaced random white dude rap at the end, lol.

Oh, and what the hell! Continuing Blaz's "the skies are falling!" theme, here's Touching the Heavens in a Cosmic Ballet:

Back