Favorite youtube video

Dara O'Brien's friggin' awesome. Absolutely one of the funniest and smartest guys around, and interestingly enough he's quite light on the F-bombs and the like too. A powerful curse at the right moment can, like an afterburner, propel a joke to otherwise unreachable heights, but if used too much it just becomes dull.

I must say though I do enjoy my boss-unlocked 5-bladed razors, it was the smoothest razor I ever used (and the easiest to clean too), although these days I use a Braun electric shaver instead.

ChatRoullette without any flagrant male parts

(one of the more creative vids I've seen in some time)
I guess you missed the link two posts above yours ;)

I agree, though. One of the best video's I've ever seen on YouTube.

Amazing Australian Lyrebird: (no, this video is not faked! :D)
That's crazy. A couple other bird videos made my day recently:

Last edited by a moderator:
This has to be just about the funniest thing I've ever seen:
yes it is funny, nz birds only got into contact with mammals(except for a couple species of bats) since 800 years ago, thus on the whole they arent that afraid (no rats,stoats,cats,dog etc predators)
this one followed us up the mountain for at least an hour walking behind us (~300m high->~1300m high), but every so often it would talk a shortcut, through the bush and then wait for us at the next ridge tapping its foot, it was so funny it was like "what took you?"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kea
kea.jpg

Wow, you can tell this creature is of obviously limited intelligence or it wouldn't be wearing a t-shirt in the snow...

not to mention the running shoes! :)

but seriously (since unlike most here I assume I do a fair bit of bush hiking) if youre going hiking in a cold place and you start sweating, remove your clothing, the last thing u want is damp clothes when its cold

not to mention the running shoes! :)

but seriously (since unlike most here I assume I do a fair bit of bush hiking) if youre going hiking in a cold place and you start sweating, remove your clothing, the last thing u want is damp clothes when its cold
The most reasonable explanation I could think of was that maybe this was one of those freak summer snows you sometimes get in Australia (and presumably also in New Zealand, where this shot was taken).

Yeah I only hike to the first bush and lurk there for other hikers. Some of them senior citizens really do put up a fight! hehe
yes those bastards always seem top be carrying hiking poles, they can take out your eyes if youre not careful

not as impressive as the lyrebird but theres a very common bird here thats also a mimic (like parrot,crow etc), it does a wonderful impersonation of an old geezer clearing his throat

though Ive never heard one like this before, sounds like hes speaking an alien language
they sound usually like this

Here's a small look at two of the detectors of Cern's Large Hadron Collider, from a couple years ago. It's still under construction at this point, and shows parts of the ATLAS and CMS detectors. Video courtesy of the Bad Astronomer, Phil Plait.

Scale is difficult to judge on a 2D video from what is mostly a stationary camera, but Phil does his best to try and convey the absolutely massive ginormousness of the LHC's particle detectors.

These machines give huge Black Mesa vibes to me. If anything, the LHC is what Black Mesa should have looked like! :D

Back