Favorite youtube video

I cant link to a video cause I am in work but do a search on Y.T for Aries Spears. Its amazing how he does that with his voice adopting from 1 to the other. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The chirpiness of that safety vid would make me wanna slit my throat if I was forced to sit through that more than once. Boxxie's mild in comparison.

Weird how the body paint makes their bodies look like CGI.

Oh and sit within seven rows of an exit for a better than 50% chance of survival in an emergency situation that's highly fatal.

Jawed

Lawl! Shake it baby shake it, make ma money dance into your pocket!

1:52....HOMG!

I'm not a sci-fi aficionado so I'm not sure if it's been done before, but that's an interesting twist on alien sci-fi. I hope they don't ruin the concept with a crappy plot.

Has there been a lot of money spent on the special effects? If so, chances are that the script was written by a tramp on meths who was paid $50 for the job. This would seem to me to be how the scripts of most modern SF films are written.

Has there been a lot of money spent on the special effects? If so, chances are that the script was written by a tramp on meths who was paid $50 for the job. This would seem to me to be how the scripts of most modern SF films are written.
I don't understand why the quality of the script should be negatively correlated with the special effects budget. The two should be completely unrelated.

IIRC, District 9 is being bankrolled by Peter Jackson, but it's being done by the guy that did that short a few years back of a robot soldier on patrol in Jo'burg. I don't think it's a standard Hollywood production, so I hold hope that there's more to it than just special effects.

I'm not a sci-fi aficionado so I'm not sure if it's been done before, but that's an interesting twist on alien sci-fi. I hope they don't ruin the concept with a crappy plot.

If it rings a bell, it's probably because it's similar to Alien Nation, but in this story the aliens are very different from us, and the story is a much darker tale of segregation and fear.

I don't understand why the quality of the script should be negatively correlated with the special effects budget. The two should be completely unrelated.
Idealism and reality many times do not intersect.

In this case, the pragmatist view wins out.

Probably because the bigger the special effects budget, the more likely they are to scrimp on a budget for a fully fledged and logical script.

Just look at the Transformers movies. :p I believe there was rumors that Transformers 2 originally had a promising script, but then someone was brought on to chop it up and make it cheaper. Presumably cheaper to film. :p

Regards,
SB

Christ, it was a joke!

As in "its an axiom: the quality of the script is inversely proportional to the money spent on special effects. Yuk Yuk!"

Bingo! I don't understand this either, yet it still seems to be the case 99% of the time.

Perhaps I don't understand because I'm not an artless Hollywood exec shovelling large quantities of Peruvian Marching Powder up my nostrils? I'd imagine that gives you a different take on what is a good idea and what isn't.

I can't say I'd heard of this new Jackson film before now but hopefully it will be a decent one. I hope the budget isn't too high so some thought has gone into the plot and script! ;)

It will be interesting to see what "Moon" is like - reputedly a thoughtful and intelligent SF film (low budget, so not much in the way of SFX!). Written and directed by David Bowie's son apparently though I remain disappointed that he felt the need to change his name from Zowie Bowie. :smile:

Sorry, just realised I've got a bit OT in this thread.

Back