Favorite youtube video

That was brilliant .... no idea what they are really saying but the dubbing makes perfect sense!
We had a little fun in an email thread with that video at work as I happened to be the one guy who knew the language (Tamil). Even so, the subs are hilarious, and there's actually a moment where a line originally in the song is cut out in his video, not that I have any idea why... there are points where he subs stuff that isn't even singing voices, but instrumental portions, which was kind of weird to me.

The main chorus simply goes
Kalluri vaanil kaayntha nilaavo?.. manavar nenjil meindha nilaavo?
En madi meelu saayndhan'ilaavo?.. ennida vandhu vaayndha nilaavo?

Literally something like
"Are you the moon that shone in the sky that sends everyone's heart aflutter? Did you not fall to rest on my lap and come to be with me?"

It took me a while and some better audio quality to actually catch all the English words, though. There were a few spots where I heard something and went "what the hell does that mean?!?", not realizing that it was muddled English (e.g. words like "stethoscope"). There are funnier videos he could have chosen, but I think this is one of the better funny subtitles.

"Are you the moon that shone in the sky that sends everyone's heart aflutter? Did you not fall to rest on my lap and come to be with me?"

Wow.. Tamil to English translator too - any more skills you have that you should let us know about? :oops: :D

Wow.. Tamil to English translator too - any more skills you have that you should let us know about? :oops: :D
Ummm... Tamil is my native language. I can also translate Japanese, and did a bunch of subtitle tls a few years back, but I never learned to read Kanji -- I just kind of woke up one day and found I could watch a Kurosawa film and had no trouble understanding it all.

More on the line of the thread --
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ5qlIP0aRo

Clips like this make me think... WTH?!?? people still flock to this guy's movies? He's been doing stuff that's basically like this for pretty much ever. It's gotta get tiresome at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clips like this make me think... WTH?!?? people still flock to this guy's movies? He's been doing stuff that's basically like this for pretty much ever. It's gotta get tiresome at some point.
Hehe, watching that clip made me giggle.

It's like it was seeing Neo, Chalres Bronson, Steven Seagal and Jackie Chan alll rolled up into one. :p

Peace.

Wonderfalls. One of the great shows that got canceled early in its run:

That's the pilot. The producers put all 13 episodes of the first season on YouTube after the show was canceled. So if you like the above, check out the rest too :)

Back