Favorite youtube video

it should work, it's a youtube video hosted on another site.....

what error message you get?

What the hell is wrong with Youtube? Or should I be asking what the hell is wrong with my office computers? Youtube's videos have a 5% chance of actually loading on these computers, but I've had them load before so I'm not completely insane. 95% of the time I visit the site at my office, everything is x'ed out. EVERYTHING. I'm guessing it's a codec or plugin problem, but it's absurd that it loads sparingly.

This is one I've been watching a few times, and I think there are some interesting points...

Linus Torvalds on Git

He's being a horse's a** as usual for most of the talk, but putting that aside, he brings up some points that are rather interesting. I do agree with his notion that radical performance differences do change the way we work, but I do get the impression that his knowledge about the large-scale packages (Perforce, Clearcase, Seapine, etc) is a little limited. The ideals behind the distributed model is nice in several ways, but I think his development universe is a little limited, which keeps him from seeing certain advantages to centralized or at least hybridized models. Particularly, I'm not so sure about his vision of having everybody having branches and the ability to pull from any branch. I can think of so many cases where it would be nice and where it would just cause problems.

Back