A locked thread I don't understand

Parousia

Banned
Hi, I'm relatively new here so excuse me if I'm not familiar with the way this forum works. I wanted to post a reply in this thread but it is locked. I know I have contributed somewhat to the non-technical direction that thread seems to have headed but why lock it instead of seeing if something more technical could be coming? It's still within the 1st page of the thread meaning surely things really hadn't gotten out of hand or gone terribly south in terms of going OT?

I was going to post about something wrt the mention of the Voodoo1/2's "multi-chip" mentioned towards the end of the thread (especially in response to Chalnoth's last post). I think it would have been more appropriate to move this thread to another forum (3D Graphics Companies, perhaps?) to allow the flow of discussion which seems friendly enough instead of locking it permanently.

Thanks.

Miksu is right - it was a duplicate thread and, as with all such cases, was closed at the earliest opportunity which unfortunately chopped mid-way into a discussion.

OK, thanks. Would've been better if the moderators made a short post pointing to the other thread prior to locking. Would've at least saved some harddrive space :)

Sugarcoat isn't a moderator but he kindly followed your request in the...umm...2nd post of the thread. ;)

Back