Iron Man movie

lol, tom cruise.

All hail Lord Xenu :LOL:

xenu.gif

On this topic, anyone seen the animated version of Iron Man? Saw an ad for it on TV and it looked interesting.

The movie is looking to be good. I haven't been this excited for a superhero movie since the Batman movies. I'm a big fan of Iron Man.

"Mr. Stark you've been called the DaVinci of our time..."

Anyone else cringe when they heard that? Well I guess every movie is allowed one or two cornball moments.

The movie is looking to be good. I haven't been this excited for a superhero movie since the Batman movies. I'm a big fan of Iron Man.

"Mr. Stark you've been called the DaVinci of our time..."

Anyone else cringe when they heard that? Well I guess every movie is allowed one or two cornball moments.

It looks to me that they are taking the tack of Stark being unlikeable, cocky, mercenary, ruthless, and then after the gets captured and taken down several pegs in the "builds the first armour" genesis story, he eventually comes to finds his humanity by becoming the hero inside the armour.

Stark in the comics has a lot of issues, both in and out of the armour, and because of the armour. Unlike a lot of characters who's real life is fairly sparse and subordinate to his heroic persona, Stark has a lot of stuff going on in both his real life and his Iron Man life, and both are often intertwined pretty strongly. Iron Man isn't just Tony Stark's bodyguard, he is the public face of Stark Industries, as well as Avenger and everything else. Stark is an industrialist, genius, arms dealer, alcoholic, womaniser, has commitment issues, all while being Iron Man at the same time.

Stark in the comics has a lot of issues, both in and out of the armour, and because of the armour. Unlike a lot of characters who's real life is fairly sparse and subordinate to his heroic persona, Stark has a lot of stuff going on in both his real life and his Iron Man life, and both are often intertwined pretty strongly. Iron Man isn't just Tony Stark's bodyguard, he is the public face of Stark Industries, as well as Avenger and everything else. Stark is an industrialist, genius, arms dealer, alcoholic, womaniser, has commitment issues, all while being Iron Man at the same time.
IIRC, they've said that they really won't be touching (m)any of Stark's personal issues in the movie, but that they were looking to option the main cast for two sequels in case it does well so that those aspects would/could get explored subsequently.

I saw Tetsuo II recently and liked it (yet to see that first one)

I don't care for the Iron Man movie.. I saw the movie with the silver surfer, elastic man, galactus, torch and all. some nice looking bling-bling stuff drowned in galactic suckage. there has been enough superheroes movies I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tetsuo I and II ? The bizzare Japanese-human-turned-painful-robot short films ?

They gave me serious headaches :D
The movies are etched into my mind (somewhere !). I can't forget them. Help. >_<

Back