New God of War videos

Dr Evil said:
BTW has it been explained how/why Kratos (God of War) is battling with petty monsters again?

i thought the message at 18:45 in the video explained it clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the vid... This totally blows most if not all of those tech demos that was shown when PS2 was being hyped.

darkblu said:
i thought the message at 18:45 in the video explained it clearly.

Please educate me. MSG 195 doesn't ring a bell for me, is it a timeline or what?

Dr Evil said:
Please educate me. MSG 195 doesn't ring a bell for me, is it a timeline or what?
Heh. It's placeholder text for what 'story' would be inserted in there. i.e. This really isn't a game that is driven by its story, but one where the action takes precedent.

Dr Evil said:

msg195 is the ID of the message that completely unwinds the story of Kratos' recent olympic exploits, and his eventual downfall (after an unfortunate one-nighter with the wrong goddess, leading to a unanimous vote among the olympus populace to downcast the scoundrel). unfortunatelly the story is way too long for an in-game message box so it's being given as a reference to the actual multi-page text in the printed manual.

(i kid you not)

ps: ok, i'm kidding you. sorry for the confusion.

mckmas8808 said:
Me and you both. Is Darkblu for real?

Knowing him, i would think he's telling the truth. And knowing the past GOW "story", i wouldn't be surprised in the least if that's actually the story for GOW2!!! I just didn't get the MSG195 thing...

london-boy said:
Knowing him, i would think he's telling the truth. And knowing the past GOW "story", i wouldn't be surprised in the least if that's actually the story for GOW2!!! I just didn't get the MSG195 thing...
Nah, this aint melodramatical enough. Kratos was playing chess against Zeus and was 1 step before beeing checkmate. Of course Kratos could not stand losing, so he sold his soul to Hades for a pint of brain. Of course that wasnt enough to win the game and so he is on a run to destroy anything smarter than him, so that he`d never loose again.

If you think thats a cheesy story, you dint played the first part :cool:

mckmas8808 said:
The story line in the first game was pretty good if you ask me.
Alot of Spoilers following, only highlight if you played the game.
Umm, lets see, wee have Kratos who likes to slaughter men/wifes/childs until he has to admit his defeat and face his death. But he cheats his way out and in turn has to serve Ares, which he does, murdering some more men/wifes/childs. But since he is also a loving husband once a week, he goes nuts as soon as he found out he killed his own family after a routine-village-burndown.Of course in a true 4-year-old-mentality he blames everything that has happened through his hands all on Ares, and we should really be confident to play this insecure wimp (or even feel sorry for him)?

So in my book thats a totally unbelieveable stoopid and/or arrogant main character that deserves anything he`s got and worse. The game does a good job creating a consistent "ancient-greek" atmosphere, but the story pollutes that with our Soap-Opera-Hero.

But if you liked the story, good for you I guess :cool:

Npl said:
So in my book thats a totally unbelieveable stoopid and/or arrogant main character that deserves anything he`s got and worse. The game does a good job creating a consistent "ancient-greek" atmosphere, but the story pollutes that with our Soap-Opera-Hero.

Umm.. that reminds me of greek mythology which is full of similar out of this world characters/stories. I think the story rocked! and clearly the good story was a big part of reason that the game did so well, eventhough the gameplay is rock solid too...

The level designs are insanely beautiful. I like the new skeleton enemies. But I'm dissapointed that the combos are still the same. i hope either they have new animations or a completely new combination design. They need to mix it up!

Npl said:
Alot of Spoilers following, only highlight if you played the game.
Umm, lets see, wee have Kratos who likes to slaughter men/wifes/childs until he has to admit his defeat and face his death. But he cheats his way out and in turn has to serve Ares, which he does, murdering some more men/wifes/childs. But since he is also a loving husband once a week, he goes nuts as soon as he found out he killed his own family after a routine-village-burndown.Of course in a true 4-year-old-mentality he blames everything that has happened through his hands all on Ares, and we should really be confident to play this insecure wimp (or even feel sorry for him)?

But if you liked the story, good for you I guess :cool:

If you watch Greek myth shows on TV this is exactly what happens. The Oddessy was a GREAT, GREAT book but some of it could sound stupid if you take it too seriously.

How long is the playtrough of GOW? I heard its very hard but with the next easiest setting ?
I rather would prefer a short game ftm so thats why i wonder.

overclocked said:
How long is the playtrough of GOW? I heard its very hard but with the next easiest setting ?
I rather would prefer a short game ftm so thats why i wonder.
Not sure, but I remember first time I beat it, it was around 7-8 hours on normal settings. IIRC Hard mode really wasnt a AI change in the game, the enemies just took off a lot more damage. I'm definately going to play GOW1 again before I start up GOW2, just to refresh.

I'll probably do the same for MGS1-3 before i start 4. :p

Anyways GOW1 was a perfect game (to me anyways: meaning there isnt really anything i would want changed), just some complained it may of been to short. But thats only because it was so damn good.

Do we have spoiler tags on this forum?

Finish the game [harder difficulty]and unlock the secrets and you will see his brother plays a big roll in the coming episodes

edit: eh guess not. :(

RavenFox said:
Do we have spoiler tags on this forum?

Finish the game [harder difficulty]and unlock the secrets and you will see his brother plays a big roll in the coming episodes

edit: eh guess not. :(

I beat the game, but forgot what role he will play. Can you PM me the roll that he's playing in GoW2?

Back