Mr Glaskowski speaks again...

vandersl

Newcomer
Just thought this was an interesting quote from this article, from the man himself

Peter Glaskowsky, editor in chief of industry newsletter Microprocessor Report, agreed. "The long-term impact on (Nvidia) is pretty small," he said. "It usually takes screwing up two to three generations in a row for somebody's business to really deteriorate. Nvidia had a lot of problems with this generation, but I don't see the situation going beyond that."

Hmm...the Best Graphics Processor of 2002 is a screw-up, huh :)

P.S. I know screwing up launch execution doesn't really have any bearing on the technical merits of the GPU itself, but its still ironic.

vandersl said:
Just thought this was an interesting quote from this article, from the man himself

Peter Glaskowsky, editor in chief of industry newsletter Microprocessor Report, agreed. "The long-term impact on (Nvidia) is pretty small," he said. "It usually takes screwing up two to three generations in a row for somebody's business to really deteriorate. Nvidia had a lot of problems with this generation, but I don't see the situation going beyond that."

P.S. I know screwing up launch execution doesn't really have any bearing on the technical merits of the GPU itself, but its still ironic.

How do you figure it's the best GPU of 2002? First of all the Radeon 9700 is better than it. Secondly, it wasn't released in 2002 and to this day is still unavailable. :oops:

Nagorak said:
vandersl said:

How do you figure it's the best GPU of 2002? First of all the Radeon 9700 is better than it. Secondly, it wasn't released in 2002 and to this day is still unavailable. :oops:

Microprocessor Report gave the prize of the best GPU of 2002 to the Nv30. And now the editor said that it's a screw-up...... :rolleyes:

i supose i should edit my picture to cut the strings on him then eh?

peteglocchio.jpg

:LOL:

Psikotiko said:
Nagorak said:
vandersl said:

Microprocessor Report gave the prize of the best GPU of 2002 to the Nv30. And now the editor said that it's a screw-up...... :rolleyes:

LOL, so now they are going to give it to ATi for the Radeon 9700? No they will take their payment from nvidia and write it off as a "screw up". Man they made total idiots of themselves for that one.

Psikotiko said:
Where's AMD CEO??? :LOL:

well at least the 64 seems reasonably deserving of the award it got, but i made that pic after he told all of us at nvnews that as it is his job he knows better than any of us hobbyists and yet failed to provide any factual basis for his position. i felt completely insulted by his comments and was compelled to formulate my own "1000 word" reply to the issue at hand. ;)

kyleb said:
Psikotiko said:
Where's AMD CEO??? :LOL:

well at least the 64 seems reasonably deserving of the award it got, but i made that pic after he told all of us at nvnews that as it is his job he knows better than any of us hobbyists and yet failed to provide any factual basis for his position. i felt completely insulted by his comments and was compelled to formulate my own "1000 word" reply to the issue at hand. ;)

I think Athlon 64 or whatever variant is less deserving than GFFX. Not technically, but strictly because it won't be available for a while and a 2002 award should require the chip to at least be close to shipping.

on those grounds i do have to agree 3dcgi. granted, the argument was that the technology was up and running and somehow qualified as "commercial availably" despite the fact that no consumer was able to lay their hands on either product in the year of the award. we never really did get a straight answer from about how that worked, but then again it is their award to make the rules for anyway. regardless, call me a softy if you like but, sense he has admitted the technology he so viminal backed for what it is, i figured i should make an effort to show my approval of his actions and cut the strings i once drew on him. so here is an optimistic future for nvidia and Peter Glaskowsky driving off the bmw he so openly cherishes.

redemptionfx.jpg

:)

Back