Predict: The Next Generation Console Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
32 MB ES RAM @ 102 GB/S
8 GB DDR @ 68 GB/S

So basically 170 GB/s for memory is what the rumors point to so far. This is fine.
This would mean that Durango is not gimped in memory speed.

You say yourself they are doing what apple do with iPhones. Has any iPhone hardware really innovated or been technically the best phone you could buy at any stage?

Having good security measures only means you don't want people to steal or sneak a product out. It doesn't mean you've reinvented the wheel and are waiting to take over the world with it.

No, but it usually means that this is something that isn't just average either. There is more to this than what is being let out. I know that for sure.

IBM-AMD working with Microsoft using huge amounts of teams, patents, and money. This is a big thing not some small insignificant thing being worked on. Nintendo didn't do this.

As this provides more proof that it's not something ordinary and average. Microsoft has never done this before and Nintendo didn't do this.

This is talking about armed guards and new security measures being put into place at their location for the new console.

Of course MS never did it before and look where it got them when it came to 360 leaks around this point of development. Other than big teams, it's the same as what Nintendo has done. For example tell me how many ALUs Wii U's GPU has. Some higher level Nintendo employees didn't even know much about Wii U. You're making a big deal out of what's essentially standard procedure.

This isn't some average chipset that happens to be on par with another console, this is unique and is being worked on and prioritized by AMD and working with huge teams at IBM and Microsoft. This isn't the usual chip going into a console, this is something different.

You are not really a source of info and you get your info from others and I don't think you are getting the entire story here. There is a lot missing. You might be getting info from people who are using old dev kits that are more PC like and not final hardware, you could also be getting information that is not complete. That is my opinion though.

It's not going to be a slightly specialized 1.2 TF GPU with ram that is slow with a blitter and a DSP, it's more complicated than that and it's slightly more powerful than what the other guys have. I am not saying it's like the rumors I posted yesterday, but it has to be better than what we know because that doesn't add up.

And you sound like someone totally depending on hope and denial. You're acting like the final hardware will have some kind of dramatic improvement over dev kits and you've been around here long enough just based on your join date to know that's not the case. Of course I get my info from others. :LOL: Guess where aegies gets his info from? Wait for it... others. He's a journalist, not a developer. I'm not bothered if you want to trust him more though at the same time I didn't see much from him to get a clear idea of what's going on. Once again you're over-simplifying to create a non-existent view because you only mention three components when it's obviously more than that as I said the GPU is only one part of it. And where does the "slightly more powerful" than PS4 come from?

But the way people treated console discussion like it's some kind of life or death matter is what made it easier to stop posting in the first place (though I do get a kick out of it sometimes). Some of these recent posts (not just yours) serve as a nice reminder of that when it should just be about enjoying the discussion and trying to learn what's going on with these consoles at this stage.

32 MB ES RAM @ 102 GB/S
8 GB DDR @ 68 GB/S

So basically 170 GB/s for memory is what the rumors point to so far. This is fine.
This would mean that Durango is not gimped in memory speed.
Where did you get the 102GB/s for eSRAM?
If it's directly on the die, I would think it can be much much faster than this.

It depends how they target casuals. If ms go with a Kinect in everybody they have less budget for other parts of the package or will have to be more expensive.

It depends how they target casuals. If ms go with a Kinect in everybody they have less budget for other parts of the package or will have to be more expensive.
Come on:LOL:

Btw i bet they won't,they do know not everything have enough house,and casuals will know which bundle are for them.
And i don't think Kinect cost MS a lot,Kinect 1 only cost $56 to MS before release,i always think people overestimated Kinect's effect

Oh wait i remember you...

Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 Secrets Allegedly Leaked to Nvidia by Former AMD Executive

I don't know if this has been posted already...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/16/next-gen-secrets-allegedly-leaked-to-nvidia-by-former-amd-executives

Over the last year, AMD executives have been abandoning ship for rival Nvidia, and according to a new lawsuit, they took confidential information about the Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 with them. Engadget reports that AMD has filed suit against four ex-employees, claiming that the executives absconded with thousands of confidential documents, including sensitive information about technologies at use in next-gen consoles. As our well-placed sources told us last year, custom silicon based on AMD's A8-series APU and HD 7670 GPU will be used in the PlayStation 4, while the Xbox 720 will combine an IBM PowerPC CPU and a custom version of AMD's 6670 GPU.

:rolleyes:

Next gen showcase?

Please join us for an exclusive open house on January 24th in the new Microsoft Technology Center in our Silicon Valley Campus in Mountain View. We will be showcasing some exciting devices, including the Xbox 360, Kinect, Surface, Windows 8 on an 82” touchscreen from Perceptive Pixel, and our newly launched SmartGlass application. We’ll have leading engineers from our hardware, manufacturing, and software teams on-hand to speak about what Microsoft has in store for the future.

As a very special bonus, Alex Kipman, one of the revolutionary minds behind the Kinect, will be delivering our keynote about the future vision for Microsoft and how we are working to join together software and hardware into meaningful, exciting hardware devices in the years to come.

At Microsoft we are changing the face of entertainment by creating and publishing more immersive, interactive, intuitive, and wickedly fun experiences that put consumers of any age at the center of a whole new entertainment universe. The future of TV, movies, music, sports, gaming and more will be in your hands.

http://msftopenhousesvc.eventbrite.com/#

Seen on NeoGAF...

I guarantee you it costs more than a controller.

You seem to be unable to see things you don't agree with as valid points. Each to their own I guess. No one expected the Wii to outsell the 360 and PS3 but it did and nintendo made a profit on every unit sold. Do you seriously think no one else took Note of that?

I guarantee you it costs more than a controller.

You seem to be unable to see things you don't agree with as valid points. Each to their own I guess. No one expected the Wii to outsell the 360 and PS3 but it did and nintendo made a profit on every unit sold. Do you seriously think no one else took Note of that?
It costs more than a controller,then?I already said i bet it won't bundled in every 720,i said i bet,that means it just my opinion.

And of course other 2 note of that,so there are Kinect&Move,but they also notice Wii downhill after 5 years,both don't want a console can only for 5 years(well i admit i spent 25000yen to bought a Wii in 2011 because i wanna play The Last Story and Xenoblade.)

Btw,are you telling me i can't have opinion may don't agree with you?

But let's be honest the Wii was a total unpredictable fluke. Almost certainly unrepeatable just as the DS was since smart phones have hovered up all the casuals.

Neither company can afford to ignore the traditional market since there are at least 120 million willing punters there. Dominating the core market would be enough to start with. Producing a weak product would piss off this key market and they may well chose you opponents box. Obviously you have to do this inside your 200 Watt power envelope but still.

Casuals can be targeted later or through other services.

Btw,are you telling me i can't have opinion may don't agree with you?

That is what you are doing. Notice how I didn't use a laughing smily when responding to you?

I am not suggesting Ms will release something as weak as the Wii was I am suggesting the information that is being slowly put together suggests they aren't going down the road they previously travelled.

And doesn't the above all but confirm ms are betting the bank on Kinect?

Who is thuway on GAF?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46515083&postcount=2688

And how does he know what he knows.

What are his other aliases? Does he post on B3D? (he's not docwiz is he?)

He doesn't seem to know that much, as just before that post he was parroting one of bgassassin's statements from here to say that the two systems are a wash.

But that statement about the bandwidth could be true.
Rangers source told him it could access 1GB/frame at 60 fps which is pretty much the same as 68 GB/s.
So it looks like DDR3 2133 mhz on a 256 bit bus (Bgassassin also said it was DDR3 rather than DDR4)

Also fits in with eSRAM being slower than eDRAM.

Plus, the 2010 roadmap had 32 MB as the figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back