Predict: The Next Generation Console Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AMD China guy is completely a fraud. The TDP of a console GPU isn't going to correspond to a part that's on the market.

he was probably referring to cus...
why can´t he say more, it´s not like he's gonna break is Nda again :LOL:

Gnc is a very scalable architecture and being durango so customized i doubt you could say the gpu is based on anything as much as comparable to.
don´t really think he is that a reliable source.

The AMD China guy is completely a fraud. The TDP of a console GPU isn't going to correspond to a part that's on the market.
What?0.1W GPU for Durango?

he was probably referring to cus...
why can´t he say more, it´s not like he's gonna break is Nda again :LOL:

Gnc is a very scalable architecture and being durango so customized i doubt you could say the gpu is based on anything as much as comparable to.
don´t really think he is that a reliable source.
That maybe my bad translate,maybe you can try to use google translate or something
http://club.tgfcer.com/thread-6593085-13-1.html
(哪个层次的显卡 maybe means "which series GPU")

What?0.1W GPU for Durango?

If you don't want something bigger and louder than the first PS3 and XBox 360 then consider 200W an upper limit for the entire system, which likely leaves less than 150W for the GPU even if it's given a very favorable chunk of that balance.

If you don't want something bigger and louder than the first PS3 and XBox 360 then consider 200W an upper limit for the entire system, which likely leaves less than 150W for the GPU even if it's given a very favorable chunk of that balance.
Wait when i said 150W+ GPU?

I think that whole tgfcer board is full of joke characters having fun with us. It's sort of like linking gamespot forum posts as sources now.

Not a confirmed dev = no believe.

I think that whole tgfcer board is full of joke characters having fun with us. It's sort of like linking gamespot forum posts as sources now.

Not a confirmed dev = no believe.
That will be a some crazy plan you know
A chinese tech forum members make full of joke to lure neogaf insiders leak something new:smile:

But i think #1 AMD China guy really working for AMD(not sure #2),since some other members already said that(well,but like what you said,maybe everyone in TGFC are trolls:LOL:)

70-80 watts is the upper limit IMO for the GPU. My best guess for how the launch PS3 broke down:

GPU= ~70W
CPU= ~50W
Everything else ~40-50W (inc PS2 BC)
Assume 80% PSU efficiency

Total ~200-210 power draw.

I think PS4 will draw around 150W or lower. Though it depends how much Sony customise and/or dedicate to non-gaming stuff.

That will be a some crazy plan you know
A chinese tech forum members make full of joke to lure neogaf insiders leak something new:smile:

Exactly!

But i think #1 AMD China guy really working for AMD(not sure #2),since some other members already said that(well,but like what you said,maybe everyone in TGFC are trolls:LOL:)

I think that guy is just a huge MS fan, judging from his Bill Gates avatar :)

Wait. That SEGA and Sony rumor regarding same hardware......I believe that is entirely plausible. SEGA has used console hardware in the past and I don't see a reason not to use Sony's machine for the arcade. It will be cheap enough (in terms of arcade pricing) and have powerful enough hardware to make awesome visuals. It allows SEGA to have direct access to Sony's new console hardware and make for effortless porting. And with having the knowledge that comes with both arcade and home console markets will allow the company to learn the hardware faster. Then again the same advantages would be had if they used MS's console. But I would think Sony''s machine would be the basis for the new arcade hardware given this being the 3rd time I've heard this rumor.

Last edited:
OK, about the three blocks of custom external hardware to assist in gaming tasks, I've realized/found out these are in Durango at large, not necessarily the GPU. They could be CPU related or anything I guess.

Only it's known that one of the blocks is in the GPU.

So I dont know, maybe an audio DSP for one? A section of vector units to assist the CPU's? The GPU block could just be the ESRAM/related goodies?

OK, about the three blocks of custom external hardware to assist in gaming tasks, I've realized/found out these are in Durango at large, not necessarily the GPU. They could be CPU related or anything I guess.

So I dont know, maybe an audio DSP for one? A section of vector units to assist the CPU's? The GPU block could just be the ESRAM/related goodies?

DSP dedicated to Kinect and Kinect 2.0 features?

Okay, a reliable rumor is that Durango GPU has at least 3 sections of custom external hardware to help in gaming tasks. One said to be inside the GPU, and that "you can guess some of them easily" or something like that. Well, I cant, lol.

Fascinating! Special sauce seems to be very real.

Edit: One of the "sections of external hardware" could be the ESRAM I suppose.

Edit2: Could another be a tesselation add on or something?

I'm guessing an audio DSP, a video encoder (for the DVR functionality) and maybe the ESRAM is the custom block in the GPU.
But who knows what else could be in there, maybe a tesellation unit.

What I find odd is that some rumors peg the neXtBox as the more powerful kit while other say the PS4 will be more powerful. BTW, aren't the game devs that are in the know indicating that the neXtBox will be more powerful than the PS4?

Most of the rumours indicate Durango could be more powerful overall, but it has a weaker GPU than Orbis and so people like bgassassin use this to contest that Durango is more powerful (against lherre).

Basically the rumours tie in well with the 720 having more memory and cores than PS4 but a possibly weaker on paper GPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, a reliable rumor is that Durango GPU has at least 3 sections of custom external hardware to help in gaming tasks. One said to be inside the GPU, and that "you can guess some of them easily" or something like that. Well, I cant, lol.

Fascinating! Special sauce seems to be very real.

Edit: One of the "sections of external hardware" could be the ESRAM I suppose.

Edit2: Could another be a tesselation add on or something?

Reminds me of when I was talking about using things like FPGA & DSP to help the CPU & GPU with certain tasks.

A PPU xD

a video encoder (for the DVR functionality)

It is not gaming related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back