Predict: The Next Generation Console Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder whether we'll see a separate box which has the cut-down specs (2-core, 3GB, etc) which is essentially only the set top box functionality. The full-spec box simply ups those specs so that you can play "Xbox" games. I guess it would make a certain amount of sense to have a complete separation of resources between these two "modes", certainly from a testing point of view.

Assuming it's APU +... something, you should only need the APU without having to strike it down even further.

Also, given a memory bus to support 8GB, the only real cut-down option is to 4GB, so then you'd have maybe 1GB for playing arcade-type games (or even a hypothetical 360 BC mode depending on what's in the APU).

Again, that's just assuming there's a larger second chip to handle the next-gen class games.

(just throwing that out there... who knows. :p)

---

Or hey, stick it into a TV or partner with cable companies that may want to use it for their own set top boxes (years later). Eventually, the main APU will become cheaper to make. Or something, something, something... living room...
>_>
<_<

The next thing you know, we have an 8800M in the APU and an 8800 desktop chip with crazy 8s everywhere.:runaway: :LOL:
sigh :p

Yes
But none of any replies in TGFC talked about 8800M or any 8000M series,or you wanna discuss about 8000M in here?

Simply its funny these leaks of suppossed people in the know are so vague. You are giving the news of the week and instead of writing clearly 8850 or 8870 write 8880... from that point we don´t know anything new. The other news ( 8gb, 8 cores at 1x6 mhz, and so on was known here as very plaussible ).

We were talking yesterday in this forum about 1-1,5 tflops and special sauce thrown in and today someone writes it has a 8880...well, i don´t know what to think. Maybe MS is playing with us.

Simply its funny these leaks of suppossed people in the know are so vague. You are giving the news of the week and instead of writing clearly 8850 or 8870 write 8880... from that point we don´t know anything new.

We were talking yesterday in this forum about 1-1,5 tflops and special sauce to be competitive thrown in and today someone writes it has a 8880...well, i don´t know what to think. Maybe MS is playing with us.

Well,don't mind that,real or fake,it's still fun since MS or Sony still didn't announce nextbox and PS4:LOL:

Well,don't mind that,real or fake,it's still fun since MS or Sony still didn't announce nextbox and PS4:LOL:

Yes, this is the more amusing time in a new generation, like a tele novel. Now we also have ninjas that appear suddenly after one person writes a 8880 in a random forum. They are watching everywhere!. Big brother next!.

I kind of buy this rumor and I can picture MS being a bit cheesy like that.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome XBOX INFINITY". *cue slide with 8's all over it*

I kind of buy this rumor and I can picture MS being a bit cheesy like that.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome XBOX INFINITY". *cue slide with 8's all over it*
They loved their X branding so much over the years, they can make an animation that closes the X into an 8, and start using 8 everywhere. The 8Box. So cheezy it's good :p

wow, there's mileage in that.
followed by

8box 360
then
8box8

lol

And then....and then....the round silver logo with the green X inside turns black, X transforms into an 8 and becomes....

019-03.jpg
Magic-8-Ball.png

HOLY F*CK :oops:

8Baaaaaaaaaaaaaallll

Well, I think anyone could figure that these are not dev kit specs since there is no 8 series available. It will likely be 8GB, 8 Jaguar core and 8xxx series based system when it goes retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back