Predict: The Next Generation Console Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the "~1 TF" BG's sources claimed then. Or it could be even worse, maybe IGN's 6670 level (this would fulfill the requirement to generate a lot of debate on forums)

So it could be like 8 1.6ghz Jag cores, 8GB DDR3, and a Cape Verde. Not terribly impressive indeed, except for the RAM.

Sony could have an opening then, but a lot depends.

cape verde + jaguar can be less than 200mm
it would be really surprising and a little less than 6x theoretical GF compared to 360

I have absolutely no idea. I've posted everything I know.

Whats with the edits? Its not like you gave much away? Did you just get scared? Or are you trying to make it look 'legit'?

lol

EDIT: Inlight of what you said, it will surely need edram, as main memory of that size is likely to be slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is already edited out - too bad I wish I could have read what SKYSONY posted. I guess now the posts are deleted they have to be true like with sweetvar26 and the others...

Sounds like the "~1 TF" BG's sources claimed then. Or it could be even worse, maybe IGN's 6670 level (this would fulfill the requirement to generate a lot of debate on forums)

So it could be like 8 1.6ghz Jag cores, 8GB DDR3, and a Cape Verde. Not terribly impressive indeed, except for the RAM.

Sony could have an opening then, but a lot depends.

I'm not sure about others on this forum, but I have no interest in buying a console that falls below 1.5TF of GPU processing power.

I'm not sure about others on this forum, but I have no interest in buying a console that falls below 1.5TF of GPU processing power.

1.5Tf is still 5-6x current consoles.

And looking at history memory and system bandwidth have always been the key areas that affect the machines later on then raw shader power alone.

I dont know, i wont be happy but considering what devs are getting out of current hardware i think the jump could turn up some impressive results in a console. Also flops are only one metric, a bigger than usual jump in bandwidth to memory could turn up great results.

I dont know, i wont be happy but considering what devs are getting out of current hardware i think the jump could turn up some impressive results in a console. Also flops are only one metric, a bigger than usual jump in bandwidth to memory could turn up great results.

Considering the fact that DDR3 will be used in the console the above won't be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back