Predict: The Next Generation Console Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if I had to lay money at this early stage on the next box name, it'd be Xbox 8.

And XB8 fits their supposed MUST HAVE A EQUAL OR HIGHER NUMBER THAN PLAYSTATION philosophy.

I guess the only caveat is just how much Win 8 will have to do with Xbox. It obviously wont run the OS proper.

I can see Sony just calling the next PS "Playstation" all Apple style. Or PS4.

Xbox 720 sounds too old, because it connotes 720P an old standard. /OT

I guess the only caveat is just how much Win 8 will have to do with Xbox. It obviously wont run the OS proper.

You say that, but if Windows 8 is made to run on ARM, mobile, and tablets, why not on a next-gen console?

Anyone seen this?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39499007&postcount=2302

1341385040.jpg

Last night InsideGamer reliable source from a number of pictures from what is reportedly a Devkit for the new Xbox. The creator of the picture wanted Devkit a forum for selling $ 10,000, which also devkits the current generation of consoles sold. According to our tipster, the seller is therefore not unknown. Besides the fact that he sometimes devkits current generation of consoles sold, the relevant vendor also an initiate in the game world.

So did our source reported that in February all the relevant vendor hand had managed to lay on you Wii specifications. It showed that the game would be about as powerful as the current generation and that there was a possibility for the Wii Fit Balance Board on use. Something at E3 this year clearly emerged.

In other words, the source from which it originated, is seen to be very reliable. And the fact that he has been seizure has managed to impose on such Devkit would mean that the new Xbox is a lot closer than we have hitherto imagined. The images of the Devkit, with the working name of Durango clearly evident, below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very poor fake...

I don't think MS would commission Durango devkits for use in people's (/children's, look at the hand) bedrooms.
What children's bedrooms have you seen furnished with an office chair, a glass fronted cabinet, and a filing cabinet? ;) Looks like a female hand in a home office to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back