World Cup 2006

Man of the match for me today was Owen Hargreaves - absolutely incredible fitness, dedication to his job and workrate which really showed up Lampard and Gerrard.

Absolutely agree, no wonder though, as he is playing at the world's best club ;-)

agree with everything Mariner just said. Having said that, first half, Hargreaves was part of the problem. Didn't move forward with the ball and didn't make himself available to get the ball from the back two.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS.... one : nil france

this will be fun now, no more tranquilizing by brazil

Last edited by a moderator:
Deepak said:
What happened to the Lampards and the Gerrards?:rolleyes:

Well we looked better when Rooney and Beckham were off the pitch and our "manager"'s plan went to shit. Funny that. Portugal looked poor, England were worse. 'nuff said I think.

Mariner said:
No real arguments about the sending off, although I can't understand why the referee didn't award a free kick as Rooney was fouled about three times leading up to the incident.

To be honest I do have issues with the sending off, however it did seem to galvanise the team. But that's football.

In the post-match commentary Alan Shearer said that he wouldn't be surprised if in the first pre-season Man Utd training session that Rooney would twat C. Ronaldo. I do hope that happens, if nothing else to fuck Ferguson off for his antics over the last few months.

The referee was an arse and screwed the game for both sides in normal time.

Zizou was outstanding today, he totally outshined Ronaldinho. It is just pure enjoyment to see him play, when he is motivated.

Wow this is pure happiness ! it is 2am here, but we had such a great time that I can't go to sleep right now ! I hope that this wasn't our final in advance, there are still two matches to play even if the great Brasil is out.

Thank you Zizou, we will miss you but you won't miss your last competition !

nAo said:
umh..France vs Italy would be better..:cool:
I always like a home team playing in the WC. :) the added bonus of germany and france always fighting each other, would mean that fox would run some crazy headline. lol.

Back