World Cup 2006

Next, Argentina vs Ivory Cost. Argentina is one of my fav teams, strong contender to win World Cup this time.

Deepak said:
Next, Argentina vs Ivory Cost. Argentina is one of my fav teams, strong contender to win World Cup this time.
Argentina 2: IC 1. They are going to be a tough team in later rounds.

epic

epicstruggle said:
Argentina 2: IC 1. They are going to be a tough team in later rounds.

epic

Ivory Coast looked sharp as well. Both teams showing great pace and ball handling and producing lots of chances.

Group C really is the group of death. Holland and Serbia+Montenegro still to test their metal in that group.

Cheers

Once Argentina scored, IVC kinda stopped playing. It wasn't until the 80th minute tht the game got good again.

The Argies look to be the best team so far - very accomplished in both attack and defence. The Ivorians were pretty decent as well.

Looking forward to the Angola vs Portugal match - the last time they played a 'friendly' the game had to be abandoned after Angola had 3 men sent off and another player left the field injured!

Mariner said:
The Argies look to be the best team so far - very accomplished in both attack and defence. The Ivorians were pretty decent as well.

Yeah, The Argentinians are so far the most balanced team. However, it remains to be seen how good they can play if Ricquelme (sp?) is kept in check. It seems their game depends a lot on him having a free hand.

rashly said:
Once Argentina scored, IVC kinda stopped playing. It wasn't until the 80th minute tht the game got good again.

well i must disagree with you i think it was the best game of WC so far. 100% action all the time, very impresive performance by both teams :D.

hupfinsgack said:
Anyway, I still hope that my dream final comes true: USA vs Iran, The Great Satan vs The Axis of Evil.
:LOL:
ok, that gets the award for most coffee out the nose award. :LOL: Yeah, now that would be a match of a lifetime.

epic

Simon F said:
I only saw the first half, but I was quite impressed with the Iranians.

You would have been less impressed with the 2nd half!

Goal 2 was a pretty big whoopsie. Arguably they started to lose their composure resulting in goal 3 (tho that was a pretty good header, I must say).

Australia vs Japan should be among most comic matches of this world cup. The quality of football is like UAE vs Namibia in Cricket.:LOL: The miss-passes, shots at goal...it is hilariours.:LOL: I wonder how people present in the stadium would be feeling and the commentator. :mrgreen:

The referee is a blind bat. The Japan's goal was clearly caused by the two Japanese strikers ramming the goal keeper. Otherwise, that would have never been a goal.

Anyway, Guus Hiddink is a superb coach, he prepared the Aussie really well for the Japanese tactics. So far I am pretty impressed with Australia.

Whee, I walk out to get the newspaper at 1-0 Japan, and by the time I get back its 3-1 Australia. What the heck happened? :LOL:

Ah, good old Timmy Cahill. Better add another £3M to his price tag.

3-1 to the Aussies. An impressive turn around.

Back