What music are you listening to right now?

Opeth- Dirge for November (Live at the Royal Albert Hall)

Opeth released a preview mp3 off their upcoming live album. I forgot how great this song was. I usually skip over it when I play Blackwater Park. Mikael's clean vocals are untouchable in this song, however his growls sound heavier, almost like a different person.

Their best of/ultimate album is chock full of disco goodness: Boogie Wonderland, Fantasy, Let's Groove, Got To Get You Into My Life, After The Love Has Gone, September, etc.

It's funny when you're growing up and you dismiss all these bands because it's not the kind of music you like, or because the 13 year old girls idolise them. Then years later your music tastes have expanded, and you get a best of album that distils a 20 year plus career into what turns out to be some fantastic songs. Aha, Suzanne Vega, Duran Duran, Barry White, Abba, OMD, etc. The list goes on.

Blind Guardian- Sacred Worlds

A friend of mine keeps harping about how magnificent BG is, so I grabbed their latest album at Newbury Comics. So far, I like it. It's very symphonic, orchestral metal. No growled vocals, though, which loses a lot of points with me.

Blind Guardian- Sacred Worlds

A friend of mine keeps harping about how magnificent BG is, so I grabbed their latest album at Newbury Comics. So far, I like it. It's very symphonic, orchestral metal. No growled vocals, though, which loses a lot of points with me.

You need to grab Nightfall in Middle Earth. As a Tolkien and BG fan I find it a master piece.

Didn't know that. Hell, I am more than interested in any band that will collaborate with Portnoy.

Pain of Salvation got a new drummer though so at least one of my dreams failed to come true :D

Didn't know that. Hell, I am more than interested in any band that will collaborate with Portnoy.

Pain of Salvation got a new drummer though so at least one of my dreams failed to come true :D

Well he's been working with A7X lately since their drummer died (Portnoy was his favorite drummer). No idea if he's permanently staying with them though.

Deliver Me - Beloved. (Warning: awful audio quality, bad video quality.)

Spotify's fuggin' great. Listen to the song from there instead, or just anywhere except youtube. I've re-discovered SO MUCH of my teenage years on Spotify lately, omg. The "Related Artists" feature is a godsend, I spent an hour listening to early Yello previously today, and all the Vangelis, Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk and so on I could find.

I've been swimming in music these past two weeks and I don't even have to break any laws or nuttin either! :LOL: I'd have ruined myself if I'd had to buy all this shit from itunes or somesuch (or god forbid - a CD retailer...)

Because one of the major creative forces and amazing musicians in the band left lately? :cry:
Not really Dream Theater is a late discovery for me, I've not really dig their discography so far.
Any advices by the way?

Björk "Debut" again after years of abstinence. I almost forgot what a genius she is.

Gojira "The Way of the Flesh", some great metal from France.

Back