What music are you listening to right now?

bloodbath- Like fire.
it's a swedish group make up of members of other bands.. its quite nice.
It's simple death metal :)

ugh, Im a tool fan and I was bitterly dissapointed by the new album. It is very dull, far too excessive on the leadins for many of the tracks.Long lead ins are fine, but not on the vast majority of the tracks and then only gets good in the last 2-3mins of the song and its finished, leaving me feeling wanting more, it just does not satisfy. Vicarious is the best track by far, and even if it was a track on Lateralus or any previous album I doubt it would have made it as a single.
Sorry had to bitch on that one, I was so looking forward to it since all their other albums are just so good.

Blitzkrieg said:
ugh, Im a tool fan and I was bitterly dissapointed by the new album. It is very dull, far too excessive on the leadins for many of the tracks.Long lead ins are fine, but not on the vast majority of the tracks and then only gets good in the last 2-3mins of the song and its finished, leaving me feeling wanting more, it just does not satisfy.

Yeah, I have the same problem with the new album. I HATE those everlasting intro/outros etc. The tracks 1,2,5 and 8 are the goodness, the rest is crap to me. Also, it took me at least 20 runs to even like these four. First time I heard it, I thought "Wtf is this, a downgraded Lateralus version?", but I got into it eventually. There is just nothing new on this record, that's the actual problem.

But if you get the chance to see them live, do it. They're one of the best live bands ever.

Blitzkrieg said:
ugh, Im a tool fan and I was bitterly dissapointed by the new album. It is very dull, far too excessive on the leadins for many of the tracks.Long lead ins are fine, but not on the vast majority of the tracks and then only gets good in the last 2-3mins of the song and its finished, leaving me feeling wanting more, it just does not satisfy. Vicarious is the best track by far, and even if it was a track on Lateralus or any previous album I doubt it would have made it as a single.
Sorry had to bitch on that one, I was so looking forward to it since all their other albums are just so good.
Well I think it's great, especially wings for marie part 1 and 2.
im listening to meshuggah Corridor Of Chameleons \m/

radeonic2 said:
Well I think it's great, especially wings for marie part 1 and 2.
im listening to meshuggah Corridor Of Chameleons \m/

Corridor of Chamelons is the only Meshuggah song I can listen to more than once in a row without getting bored. The rest its once and I'm done for a month.

Ocean Machine - Voices in the Fan.

Devin Townsend is a genius. Except the newest Devin Townsend Band album is a bit dull, but its to be expected from a guy who releases something new every month it seems.

Mr. Bungle - Merry Go Bye Bye

Did I ever mention Mike Patton was a musical genius also? The latest Peeping Tom is the perfect example of what pop music should be. And well, Mr. Bungle is just pure entertainment.

Skrying said:
Corridor of Chamelons is the only Meshuggah song I can listen to more than once in a row without getting bored. The rest its once and I'm done for a month.

Ocean Machine - Voices in the Fan.

Devin Townsend is a genius. Except the newest Devin Townsend Band album is a bit dull, but its to be expected from a guy who releases something new every month it seems.
meshuggah boring?
ya.. I find the odd rhythms really boring :LOL:
That's also funny since that song doesn't change chords much at all untill the chorus.
With regard to meshuggah as a whole, I love how the guitars and bass drum are synced, so the guitars carry the rhythm just as much as the drums.
The wacky solos also are great.
Btw SYL and meshuggah both dig each other, as do I :smile:
Meshuggah is one of my favorite bands, so excuse me defending them :D

So do you have the new SYL that um leaked?
It's a different album from the fast (not as angry) but still good, the last song, the title track, is really heavy, but not like brutal heavy, it just rocks.

Dont get me wrong, I really like Meshuggah, I just cant listen to them on repeat. I guess it does have something to do with the odd timings and rythems, I do find it kinda boring after awhile, I think because if I dont focus on them I find them kinda getting in a way, hard to describe experience really.

As for the newest SYL, I dont have it, I'll probably wait till release. I think SYL is really one of the worst (but still great compared to other bands) of Devin's projects. I guess I enjoy his softer stuff more, such as Ocean Machine. Though I still think his heavy stuff is often times miles ahead of so many other bands.

As for right now:

Don Caballero - World Class Listening Problem

Skrying said:
Dont get me wrong, I really like Meshuggah, I just cant listen to them on repeat. I guess it does have something to do with the odd timings and rythems, I do find it kinda boring after awhile, I think because if I dont focus on them I find them kinda getting in a way, hard to describe experience really.

As for the newest SYL, I dont have it, I'll probably wait till release. I think SYL is really one of the worst (but still great compared to other bands) of Devin's projects. I guess I enjoy his softer stuff more, such as Ocean Machine. Though I still think his heavy stuff is often times miles ahead of so many other bands.

As for right now:

Don Caballero - World Class Listening Problem
Well I like both but I'm more into metal.

listenong to some children of bodom- angels dont kill.
haven't listened to them for a good while.
I think it has to do something with the fact their latest album sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonnie Brae - The Twilight Singers (not too fond of any of their other songs, hate Afghan Whigs)
From Yesterday - 30 Seconds To Mars

At the moment whatever comes from the radio, which is Tina Turner's "We Don't Need Another Hero"
At freetime, I really don't listen to music atively.
I've tried to get into Kate Bush's Aerial, but I've only had time to listen it through once.
Pet Shop Boys latest is also on the "to listen" list.

Back