dvb-t tuner for vista beta 2

Trying to find a DVB-T tuner that works with Vista. Anyone know of one? My understanding is that Vista beta 2 has a ton of drivers in the install image, and it obviously has the full media center monty, so I am presuming there are some supported tuners...?

caboosemoose said:
Trying to find a DVB-T tuner that works with Vista. Anyone know of one? My understanding is that Vista beta 2 has a ton of drivers in the install image, and it obviously has the full media center monty, so I am presuming there are some supported tuners...?

You probably just need one with BDA drivers. Some of the USB type ones ship with them - I bought a "Freecom" one which didn't but, for a while, you could download BDA drivers for a compatible device.

Why not try the Digitial Spy Forums?

caboosemoose said:
Excuse my noobishness - what's a BDA driver and how do I know whether a certain tuner uses it?
To the best of my (rather limited) knowledge, it's a fairly recent driver interface standard for TV (etc?) devices that Microsoft have published. AFAIU, before this basically every TV card had its own software interface and thus required its own custom application.

If you have BDA drivers pretty much any TV/PVR app will be able to talk to your card/USB receiever... provided it has BDA drivers.

For example, the application that came with the USB DVB-T freecom reciever that I bought was pretty poor and the driver interface was proprietary. Luckily the hardware was identical to that of another device that had BDA drivers, so now I run a free piece of software called Webscheduler.

Back