Xbox 360 Another Red Ring of Death Victim :(

Tap In said:
Intercooler :cool:

Nah, mine was the "Unknown Error" not one of the heat related errors.

Anyway, the "tax on the stupid" worked for me, took me 6 minutes to get another 360 at CompUSA. Admittedly though their price is more than MSFTs price for a plan. 30 minutes of driving to and fro, 6 minutes doing the 360 setup (wireless and MCE), so in under an hour I'm back to being lazy and having an upstairs and downstairs 360...:cool:. i'd say that worth the extra $15 bucks I paid vs the MS plan, not that I am adverse to their plan.

TBH I don't see why early adopters wouldn't buy a plan. Nowadays, most stuff doesn't even have to be proven defective, things like printers and such. This is how I "upgrade" my printer every couple of years...tricks of the (former) trade.

NucNavST3 said:
TBH I don't see why early adopters wouldn't buy a plan. Nowadays, most stuff doesn't even have to be proven defective, things like printers and such. This is how I "upgrade" my printer every couple of years...tricks of the (former) trade.

reminds me of the time I got a new CD burner by hooking my car battery charger up to the circuit board, did the trick! gotta make use of that extended warrantee! lol...good times :D

Scooby do you have a warranty on yours now or did you buy one when you purchased the console? If not you can still call up MS (doubt Best Buy and other wholesale will give a warranty now) and get one. I think its a small price to pay considering the alternatives.

Im still waiting on the return box so I can get this sent to Texas. Called up MS tech support and they said it was scheduled to be here tomorrow. :/ Replaying F.E.A.R (using Xbox 360 wired controller to help with withdrawl symptoms :)) and Serious Sam 2 on PC to help pass the time. I miss the Xbox live fragfests already. lol

Well in terms of Customer support MS couldn't have done a better job of gettig my machine up and running. The machine was picked up on a Monday and I had it returned on the Friday. The only real issues I have is that 1. They didn't expalin what was wrong with my machine and 2 although it seems to been replaced by a new machine my save games have unfornautely all been lost, which is a right bugger because I had dowloaded payable content for PGR3 and Xbox market place. Again they have not explained anything regarding this lost.

Pugger said:
Well in terms of Customer support MS couldn't have done a better job of gettig my machine up and running. The machine was picked up on a Monday and I had it returned on the Friday. The only real issues I have is that 1. They didn't expalin what was wrong with my machine and 2 although it seems to been replaced by a new machine my save games have unfornautely all been lost, which is a right bugger because I had dowloaded payable content for PGR3 and Xbox market place. Again they have not explained anything regarding this lost.

I would demand some free points, actually, downloadable content should be tied to your gamertag, you shouldn't have to pay again.

A little tip: You get the two year warranty for fifty bucks option when you buy a 360, but you only get ten days to exercise it.

Well, the card you send back only asks for serial # and purchase date, no receipt or anything of that nature. Point being you can write any date you want as purchase date and they cant check it.

I mailed mine like in late May even though I have a launch console. Just make up a fictional purchase date within the last ten days.

I have always found this warranty a good deal for peace of mind.

scooby_dooby said:
I would demand some free points, actually, downloadable content should be tied to your gamertag, you shouldn't have to pay again.

exactly

you can downoad it again and Live immediately recognizes that you have already paid and gives it to you.

sonyps35 said:
A little tip: You get the two year warranty for fifty bucks option when you buy a 360, but you only get ten days to exercise it.

What do you mean? I bought my 2year about 10weeks after I bought the console. Do you mean you only had 10days after it breaks to make the claim? If thats the case, what they don't know won't hurt them.

Pugger said:
So far I've been impressed, too. Mine should arrive tomorrow.

Luckily I was able to keep my harddrive, so my save games should be fine.

AFAIK every electrical item in the UK has to have a full 12 month warranty.

I'm fairly sure this applies to the rest of Europe too, however, as Guden said, in some countries it's 2 years.

I got my replacement console. I was hoping it'd be a newer one, but it was manufactured in November (one month newer than my old one, though). Obviously refurbished.

But it works. :)

Well just got my email for for delivery to the Texas plant for repair and whats this? 4hrs later I got another email saying my Xbox 360 is on its way back with a tracking number? :) Wow they didnt even bother running tests. Probably a quick swap for new or refurb and back out the door :) Too bad its being shipped today (Thursday) and it states I wont get it for 2-5 day :( Oh well least its in time for Prey demo and upcoming games.

Although Im a little disappointed by the problems I had with the Xbox 360, I'm glad to see they are not wasting time on getting it fixed (or swapped) and back to me so quickly. Grade A for turnaround time MS good support too :)

the same exact thing happened to me this week!!!!!
i down loaded an update and my system crashed over and over.
MS said to return for repairs and wait two weeks. I walked over
to game stop and returned mine for a new one (warranty).

WTF is up with the update! I NEVER had a problem w/ my system before
the update!

Which update? The new system update that was just released this past week? Or was it the one for a game update like mine (which was rockstars table tennis?) Seems a few of my friends had some issues with the update but they basicly did a cache clear or removed the hard drive boot regular then reinserted the hard drive and theirs worked fine.

Not sure what it was but a few were friends that were already on their second 360 but it worked out. One of my friends is still on his first Xbox 360 (We both received ours on launch day) and his is still going strong.

Kind of ironic though. I still have my first gen Xbox 1 with the Thompson drive and it still works fine, the same friend I just mentioned had his crash a few months after he got his Xbox 1 go figure :)

I have a thompson too (Oct 02). It hates some DVD movies but has never given me an issue on a game. i have smashed it a few times....now i'm posting for the hell of it. I need sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok sorry for beating a dead horse here but I just wanted to give everyone an update status so they know what they "might" be in for if they get the extended warranty through Best Buy, CC etc. (Got mine through MS) Right now I will tell you GET IT THROUGH A PLACE THAT YOU CAN RETURN FOR ANOTHER CONSOLE if your able. Like Best Buy, Circuit City, and others that offer exchanges under warrantys.

As of today I still have not received my Xbox 360 (and having serious withdrawls of course :)) but here is the real kicker. It thought that UPS might of been the responsible party of why Im getting my console back so late. I spoke with MS and they advised me they sent the console on the 15th as I said in the thread earlier. Well UPS has "Reschedule" my delivery for being received on 6/21/06 (using the online tracking number). It was originally suppose to be here the 19th but "Rescheduled for delivery" yesterday.

As for MS I spoke with them about the situation and they noted "well its UPS responsability now and I would need to contact UPS". When talking with UPS they stated "it was MS who didnt give them correct billing information" (MS made mistake when paying for postage) was the reason why it was reschedule for a later date. (Go figure blaming each other for the problems). Of course there is nothing that can be done at this point. Sad thing I've never had this much trouble with a warranty item but then again teaches me not to get a warranty from the manufacturer :) 10 - 12 days turnaround? Nope.

Think I should send an email to MS and request an extra month be put on my Xbox Live account for lost time? :)

Back