Um...

Where can I get a pair of these?

computex2006boothbabesjmke1258.jpg

NANOTEC said:
Maybe it's because I have some relevent experience in the field?

Such as?

NANOTEC said:
Also I already said from what I coud see from the video it seems to be a mistake (poor training) and not an unavoidable accident.

Ok, then from that video, what did he do that was wrong?

I'm beginning to wonder if we're having a discussion with Bill Frist who diagnosed Terri Schiavo via a video tape.

NANOTEC said:
It looks to be a BIZARRE incident that cannot be explained by a natural unavoidable accident. The only other explanations are former injury to that bone or improper training.

And a former injury could lead to "undetectable weakness" ala stress fracture - which is what I referred to as before.

In addition there are other causes to weakened bones that have nothing to do with the lack of "professional training" - such as hormonal, dietary (even you touch upon this below), or even pathological causes such as hyperparathyroidism or bone tissue malignancy.

NANOTEC said:
Actually it is logical, but since you don't have experience in this particular area you may think it's illogical. The fact you used 10,001 as some form of logic exposes your inability to correctly address what is being talked about eg bones and bone growth. Your analogy applies to alloys which don't grow but fatique over repeated use.

Yes, bone tissue DOES compensate over time to environmental factors. However, this is not necessarily regulated by some contrived method of "enough professional training".

NANOTEC said:
Also too much animal protein intake during training may actually cause bones to weaken...bet you didn't know that. Heck drinking too much animal milk makes your bones weaker...bet you didn't know that either.

And so too does too little intake of animal protein as it affects the ability to absorb calcium. But this only further illustrates that the injury is not necessarily due to lack of "professional training".

Proper training always includes proper dieting and nutrition...if it doesn't then it's not proper training.

However, this is not necessarily regulated by some contrived method of "enough professional training".

It's pretty obvious you have no clue as to what proper training involves just like your flawed 10,001 analogy. Let's just leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator:
NANOTEC said:
Proper training always includes proper dieting and nutrition...if it doesn't then it's not proper training.

Well you said "professional" not proper.

that guy must be an idiot or something with no profession training at all.

And as I pointed out, dietary issues are hardly the sole cause of bone weaknesses.

NANOTEC said:
You have no clue as to what proper training involves just like your flawed 10,001 analogy. Let's just leave it at that.

Perhaps but it seems you were unaware of other potential causes.

But if you wish to enlighten us as to:

1> Your experience in this sport since you brought it up that you have some.
2> What the guy did wrong in the video.

By all means do so. I'm eager to learn. :)

Ty said:
Well you said "professional" not proper.

Ok so now the argument have shifted to sematics? To me professional and proper mean the same thing. If you don't practice proper training then you aren't a professional because you'd be an amatuer.

And as I pointed out, dietary issues are hardly the sole cause of bone weaknesses.

I didn't say it was. The other possibility (former injury) which I mentioned would still be the result of poor training. Proper training involves knowing what risks can be taken. A broken shin bone is likely to be broken again and if it gets broken by a measely leg block then it's pretty obvious whether or not the training was proper.

Perhaps but it seems you were unaware of other potential causes.

Maybe I was pretending to be stupid to see how far some people would go to argue a point they think they know? You act like every post I make is out of pure ignorance yet I'm not the one exposing my ignorance here. A throw away comment like my orginal comment about the video is just that, a throw away comment. Of course there's always someone who thinks they need to dissect this comment into little pieces every chance they get because of preconceived biases against certain posters.

But if you wish to enlighten us as to:

1> Your experience in this sport since you brought it up that you have some.

I have a family member that trains in the sport.

2> What the guy did wrong in the video.

He didn't do anything wrong to cause his shin bone to break. In fact there's nothing in the video that says his shin bone should break. That is where the part about poor training comes in ie it shouldn't have broken but it did which points to poor training. What I did notice was that he was kicking with his foot at a 90 degree angle which is improper, but that alone shouldn't cause his shin to break.

Last edited by a moderator:
NANOTEC said:
Maybe I was pretending to be stupid to see how far some people would go to argue a point they think they know?

Ah, ok. You were pretending to be stupid. /shrug.

NANOTEC said:
I have a family member that trains in the sport.

Cool. I work(ed) with a guy who competes.

NANOTEC said:
He didn't do anything wrong to cause his shin bone to break. In fact there's nothing in the video that says his shin bone should break.

Exactly. And if he had some sort of bone malignancy, then his shin strength would be compromised and there's nothing that training could do to cover up this weakness.

NANOTEC said:
Maybe I was pretending to be stupid to see how far some people would go to argue a point they think they know?

HAH!! That's my new signature!!! Absolute classic!! :LOL: You just keep outdoing yourself with all your nonsense...

EDIT: DAMN 100 Character limit!!! Fine, i'll keep my old one... :cry:

Back