Hitman: Blood Money demo

Diamond.G

Regular
Is now (and has been for a while since I am in Hawaii) up on Live.
For those that are interested. I am downloading it now.. Will post my impressions when I get off of work.

Hmmm is it the same demo that the magazine (Think its OXM) provided on its demo disk? Although if memory serves me correct, the demo was the regular Xbox version.

played the 360 demo....disliked it very much.

Has a very last gen feel to it. Textures are just hair above xbox1 quality. Looks and plays like a xbox1 backwards compatible game running at 720p. Shooting is awkward. The interface takes you right out of what little atmosphere is there. The ingame cutscene quality and acting reming me of every peice of shovelware I played between 2002 and 2004 and only reinforce how poor the graphics engine is. The AI didnt seem to be added yet. (sarcasm). Most importantly I never achieved 'suspension of disbelief' and forgot I was playing a bad game.

Sad cause I preordered this hoping for a true nextgen asassin simulator. This game is gonna be forgotten very quickly.

Pozer said:
played the 360 demo....disliked it very much.

Has a very last gen feel to it. Textures are just hair above xbox1 quality. Looks and plays like a xbox1 backwards compatible game running at 720p. Shooting is awkward. The interface takes you right out of what little atmosphere is there. The ingame cutscene quality and acting reming me of every peice of shovelware I played between 2002 and 2004 and only reinforce how poor the graphics engine is. The AI didnt seem to be added yet. (sarcasm). Most importantly I never achieved 'suspension of disbelief' and forgot I was playing a bad game.

Sad cause I preordered this hoping for a true nextgen asassin simulator. This game is gonna be forgotten very quickly.

supposedly this is the tutorial level... not even the 1st level in the game, a teaching level.

Allegedly (based on previous versions) it has some interesting assassin open ended play.

I'm not trusting people's impression on demo graphics so much any more because everybody said Moto Gp 360 demo had crap graphics but when I fired it up the graphics were awesome...

Tap In said:
supposedly this is the tutorial level... not even the 1st level in the game, a teaching level.

Allegedly (based on previous versions) it has some interesting assassin open ended play.

I feel pitty for anyone who plays the demo and then buys this game because they will have to play that crappy level twice. You do get a brief tutorial before each action you havent taken for training purposes. But it is sill a mission level and then training slowly goes away as you play.

Anyway this whole new trend of "the demo doesn't represent the retail game" by fans and companies wears very thin on me. Because 99.99% of the time is does reflect the final game.
Also if the game is more open ended then why release your smallest/non open ended envroment type level. I can guess, they only have a couple of open ended enviroments. Which means this game will be short.

Pozer said:
I feel pitty for anyone who plays the demo and then buys this game because they will have to play that crappy level twice. You do get a brief tutorial before each action you havent taken for training purposes. But it is sill a mission level and then training slowly goes away as you play.

Anyway this whole new trend of "the demo doesn't represent the retail game" by fans and companies wears very thin on me. Because 99.99% of the time is does reflect the final game.
Also if the game is more open ended then why release your smallest/non open ended envroment type level. I can guess, they only have a couple of open ended enviroments. Which means this game will be short.
hmmm dunno

all I know (from playing the demo) is that without the slow tutorial, I would have had absolutely no clue how to proceed and to use the features and I would have turned it off.

You need to get to the masses with a demo and spoon feed them along the way. I'd anticipate the real game to allow you to decide how to proceed with certain scenarios once you have learned all of the methods available to you. Another small level with no tutorial would have been a nice 2nd level (like Lost Planet had)

As for the graphics, not the 360's best representation by any stretch of the immagination but not too ugly. ;)

I downloaded and played it and although the graphics are not the best I do see the game side potential being there. I'm still disappointed by the graphics I saw. Call me greedy but after recent titles like GRAW and Oblivion I think if your going to develop next gen then make the graphics next gen. Multiplatform or not. Just my opinion though :)

Side note: I do like how you can take say the various weapons or objects (bats, hammer, etc.) and take out enemys (or innocents :)). Gives the game a little variety but then again as some have said. Will the game design offer enough in gameplay and general fun to go through again to experience the different methods? Guess we will see :)

I dunno, I enjoyed the demo.. It has been a while since I have played a Hitman game.. As long as it is sorta open ended and challenging I will have fun with it.

in side by side images (IGN I think) it looks identical to the PC version.

Unfortunately they are not up to par with other current X360 games. Also unfortunate is that I am becoming a graphics snob. :LOL:

OTOH, I can see (from the demo) how this game would a be a ton of fun, with neat, brutal killing effects and fun stealthy gameplay.

Just came home from a friend, he played the training mission.
At the end ,the presentation of the statistics as a newspaper article was pretty cool.

Back