WiiGeePeeYou (Hollywood) what IS it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call of Duty 3

The character models in COD 3 have a higher poly count according to higher quality scans that I have found. The models have ripples in their clothing particularly in the scan where the soldier is ducking behind the sandbags (this what someof us to believe that there was normal mapping because the characters look straight off of the PS3/ Xbox 360 versions in terms of detail). The pictures show some good lighting effects as well.

The ground textures, however, are horrible and look like the PS2 version. This game needs grass badly

The buildings textures look decent and similar to Xbox 360/PS3 version. The lighting looks decent as well.

The metal on the gun models looks shiny.

The texture on the tank looks straight out of the GC/PS2 versions.

Overall, the game seems to be a combination of GC/PS2 (ground textures, vehicles) AND xBOX360/ps3 assets (character models)

nice. that's noticably better than what we've seen on Gamecube IMO, provided the framerate is decent.

Anyone have experience with the Xbox version to know how they compare? I'd place these graphics around the level of rebel strike though, which is a step up from most of the Wii games we've been seeing and wouldn't be bad if this is an indicator of how a significant number of Wii games will look.

NeoGaf had a thread on it with comparison pics between the xbox, wii, and 360 and it seems outside of vegetation and better texturing on rock formation on the xbox version (in that case it was dev shotting) they look very similiar outside of resolution. We also don't know how old or early those are and considering the company it be easier to make judgement if we knew the build age or when in development they were taken.

Anyone have experience with the Xbox version to know how they compare?

i'd say those shots are ~on par with the xbox version.

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/869/Far-Cry-Instincts/p1/

(though the screenshots there are from all over the game, cut scenes and concept artwork includingly)

if that game was not a launch-window redux one (i.e. if sufficient effort was put to distinguish it from previous versions) it could be a very nice FPS. as of now i expect it to be more or less a port of the xbox version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Famitsu-news:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/09/08/103,1157695687,59748,0,0.html

article series on Nintendo’s official site.

Title: “Company president asks about the Wii project – A few reasons for creating Wii”

Vol.1 Wii hardware – “The use of unused cutting-edge technology” {unused actually means not-used until now...}
Satoru Iwata interview Gen’you Takeda, general manager of integrated developments,.

The link to the series:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/interview/vol1/index.html

The reason for making Wii very under powered is so it can be left on in sleep mode 24 hours a day for freaking net updates??!! I think they may have given Iwata a labotomy when they made him president.. Because I haven't heard something so stupid in a long time. Has he not heard of power saving? (dropping the speed and so power of components when the system isn't being used for gaming)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back