WiiGeePeeYou (Hollywood) what IS it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=12859

"I think what you saw [on Wii] was just the tip of the iceberg of what the Hollywood chip can bring to the Nintendo Wii,"

"They're different chips for different platforms and different uses. I don't think it's a fair comparison to put them on a chart [to analyze]. That's not what it's all about... I think if you focus on the capabilities that the chip will have for the average consumer, with the amazement and wow factor, I think that's the value that we bring."

:D :D :D

PS: the tip of the iceberg is only 1/10 (joking).

Last edited by a moderator:
chosen_colette said:
well he did a bit more than skirt one this time apparently, ubisoft emailed me demanding it be removed, and im not about to do that, so i changed the parts that wouldve broken an NDA. It doesnt matter and i still have the interview, the word is out there, over 200 thousand hits since fearsome posted it here, with ~6 - 7k being direct clicks on that post =)
cool and goo dfor you, could you post the ubisoft email of detraction. it would be nice to at least see that while we wait for fearsome to listen to the article.

Thunder Emperor said:
thanks for that and I am glad that the Wii has good graphics

Well dont get too excited. Supposedly the same guy in another interview called it the system's power "greater, or on par to the GCN".

To me it's more the principle..I've said a million times, I'd be a lot more excited if Wii was something simple, not expensive etc, but, *nice* for the price. I'm really thinking all along something in the X1600XT class, but maybe that's too hot, maybe a vanilla X1600 or pro even.

You put that at 480p, and it'd probably put out some dang nice graphics.

What I really do NOT want is what IGN says it is, Flipper speeded up but with no new capabilities at all.

So basically, I really hope it is something nice, not the above.

But the funy thing is, when I looked at the Zelda fishing videos on IGN, they looked really nice at first glance. You have to remember, it does have a huge amount more RAM at the least now, 88MB. And unlike the other consoles, it doesn't have to deal with the increased resolution, so that increase goes straight to making better looking games, and it's more than double for much better textures at the very least.

I have removed the interview at the request of Ubisoft, however the discussion here may still continue, the entire thing is available at more than one place, the damage has been done so to speak. I still plan on letting fearsome hear the tape once i dub it, so please dont mind me at all ^_^

Do you have a microphone? If so why not play the tape and record through the mic into Windows Sound Recorder? Or failing that he can call you and listen down the phone. Just an idea to speed up the process..

Teasy said:
Do you have a microphone? If so why not play the tape and record through the mic into Windows Sound Recorder? Or failing that he can call you and listen down the phone. Just an idea to speed up the process..

i do not have a microphone, and i dont give my phone number out to anyone on the internet,s orry. in 2 - 4 days ill have the cable and can get the interview over to my PC

there is a need to understand,
people are HIGHLY skeptical of that Wii interview and the specs, even though they sound very reasonable. there has been SO much BS (and simple change) regarding GCN2 / GCNext / Revolution / Wii, that it's difficult to believe anything anymore. If one wants to be taken seriously about something regarding a new game platform, one has to provide proof, otherwise it's all meaningless. I want Wii to have a reasonably powerful GPU, but I just don't know. that gamedaily article was nice but in no way confirms the info contained in the now edited/removed Ubisoft interview

I would think that it confirms by inference, ie at E3what we saw has consistent with IGN specs once that those arent much higher, at least in some places it probably says (IMO) that it will be more or less what is described here, of curse it is argumentable but logical too.

I'll consider it to be fake until there's confirmation or visual evidence, i.e. until we see some games showing improved graphics.

BTW, wouldn't a GPU with 8 pipelines be a hindrance for normal mapping intensive engines (UE3)?

EDIT: changed wording for more clarity, hopefully

Last edited by a moderator:
hupfinsgack said:
BTW, wouldn't a GPU with double amount of pipelines of GCN, i.e. 8 pipelines, be a hindrance for normal mapping intensive engines (UE3)?

You're wording is very weird here. Are you trying to say that having 8 pipelines is worse than 4? Your wording kinda suggests that, but I dont believe that's what you mean.

hupfinsgack said:
BTW, wouldn't a GPU with 8 pipelines be a hindrance for normal mapping intensive engines (UE3)?

Well, I guess that is why Mark Rein has not been to excited about bringing UE3 to Wii maybe?

hupfinsgack said:
Remember, it's running at just 640x480. It's like the equivalent of 24 pipelines running at 1280x720.

Megadrive1988 said:
there is a need to understand

There is a need to understand that the hardware to put this interview on an mp3 is not yet in Jessica's hands. It's coming. Hold your horses. We've waited forever to find out anything, so I think we can wait a couple more days to hear a recording of this. She's said the audio is coming, so just be patient, will ya?

fearsomepirate said:
There is a need to understand that the hardware to put this interview on an mp3 is not yet in Jessica's hands. It's coming. Hold your horses. We've waited forever to find out anything, so I think we can wait a couple more days to hear a recording of this. She's said the audio is coming, so just be patient, will ya?

Exactly what would that prove ?
Nothing obviously, it would need someone to know the voice of the interviewee to confirm whether it's him or not...

(BTW, not saying it's not genuine, just saying that getting the "soundtrack" won't help at all.)

Ingenu said:
Nothing obviously, it would need someone to know the voice of the interviewee to confirm whether it's him or not...

(BTW, not saying it's not genuine, just saying that getting the "soundtrack" won't help at all.)

Exactly, there are always going to be sceptics. Next, they'll be asking for a video of the interview :rolleyes:

Ingenu said:
All we need is someone with a friend in the FBI who can use one of their black vans full of techno gear to run it through an analysis and database of every voice in the world to get a match.

I'm pretty sure some people around here must have heard Xavier Poix speak before. Nah I'd take audio of the interview as firm proof personally. Unfortunatley I just have a nagging feeling we'll never hear it. Nothing personal Jessica, I just have a bad feeling about the whole thing now :(

Type_Raver said:
Exactly, there are always going to be sceptics. Next, they'll be asking for a video of the interview :rolleyes:
I want video of the interview as well as a DNA test and a copy of his birth certificate, nothing less. ;)

hupfinsgack said:
I'll consider it to be fake until there's confirmation or visual evidence, i.e. until we see some games showing improved graphics.

EDIT: changed wording for more clarity, hopefully

Number of pipelines without the speed is useless.

All we need is someone with a friend in the FBI who can use one of their black vans full of techno gear to run it through an analysis and database of every voice in the world to get a match.

Cant we just hear the press conference again;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back