Inq: Nintendo faked Wii demonstration - claim

Teasy said:
I was thinking that as well, about ERP's comments on the original article. However looking back he didn't actually say that it wasn't true. He said that in his opinion (to paraphrase) "Hannibal is often wrong and he's probably just recycling info from forums". It didn't sound like ERP actually knew for sure either way, he was just basically saying that he generally doesn't trust Hannibal.

ERP said:

The interesting part is the "almost everything".

I'm not sure where Core Duo comes into this by the way. The rumour is that the Broadway core was to be used in Apples Laptops before the move to Intel.

Sorry my falt, I thought that this should be to sell now.

Urian said:
I have no doubt that an OOE PPE exist as a complete development for be used against the Pentium M but it was refused by Apple and Jobs lied about the possibility of a new PowerPC in the notebooks.

They wanted one, by now it should be ready IMO. Althought I have my doubts that this would be a CPU they wanted in their console specialy because BC/tools/easy of use, plus a 970FX (256Kb) should do a better job.

Sorry for the late reply.

I read "Hannibal is miles off, on almost everything" as ERP's opinion of Hannibal in general rather then a statement about this particular rumour. Could be wrong I suppose but that's how I read it.

Well only one can tell us, but I think he is speaking of this particular matter and Hannibal Rev article (here he sugest a PPE for it).

Last edited by a moderator:
People saying that the Wii demos didn't even look better than Gamecube either didn't play many Cube games, or they just prove that it takes a huge increase in power to make a noticable leap in visuals. The new Smash Brothers has substantially more detail than the old, and in the videos, Excite Truck looks substantially better than anything the Gamecube di d along similar lines.

Type_Raver said:
I replayed that like 10 times, hahaha.

The cool factor is off the scale :cool:

I don't freaking get it. Why are people so excited over seeing a disc pop out? People all over the internet are posting that video. Can someone clue me in?:???:

Cuz it looks COOL.

Look at the smooth action and how far it extends the disc, what a marvellous piece of engineering...

mckmas8808 said:
I don't freaking get it. Why are people so excited over seeing a disc pop out? People all over the internet are posting that video. Can someone clue me in?:???:

it's SOMETHING of a sign of life for the system that could.

Teasy said:
Hardly, for a start that's a single retail unit sold at a profit and second its a writer rather then simply a reader. A standard none writable version sold in quantities of millions would cost a small fraction of that price.

It's about $80 for a non-writable version.
Anyhow, if it's truly such wonderful functionality, shouldn't we be putting it at the cost to us, rather than what nintendo paid for it? Though, slot loading dvd drives seem to have jacked up prices anyway. I guess they're just not popular for desktops.

Fox5 said:
It's about $80 for a non-writable version.

Really?, seems odd for the difference in price to be so small.

Fox5 said:
Anyhow, if it's truly such wonderful functionality, shouldn't we be putting it at the cost to us, rather than what nintendo paid for it?

But the price Nintendo pay for it will be the price we pay, unless they suddenly decide to start selling there consoles at a profit which is unlikely.

Eh, I was trying to apply the same idea as "Blu-ray players are $1000, so it's a great deal for Sony to sell one for $600!"
BTW, there's a Sony Vaio coming out with Blu-Ray support, I doubt it will be anywhere near $1000 over similar computers without.

Oh, what I thought was an $80 slot loading dvd drive is still a burner. I can't find any that aren't also burners.

I hope they do not get that thing for much more than a normal one, it would be a waste as we would gladly spend that on games instead.

Just wanted to say the reason why I posted that video was a response to the thread topic ie it seems like those Wii units are real and not empty mockups.

Back