will VGA be available for PS3 or even Wii

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
did somebody heard or read about this?

a vga cable would ease the pain for people missing out on hdmi (trough choice of ps3 or TV)

I think Nintendo only confirmed Component, Composite & S-Video on their American website.
For the PS3, you should be able to get adapters from HDMI to DVI, but at the very least these will only work with movie content if the display supports HDCP (which is optional for DVI, but not for HDMI).

I am also quite interested in definite answers. My current plan is to replace my Dell 2005FPW with a 2407 which also has component inputs, so all the bases are covered.

Is DVI okay? Because you can get HDMI to DVI cables, and you can also get DVI to VGA adapters if needs be.

Andy said:
Is DVI okay? Because you can get HDMI to DVI cables, and you can also get DVI to VGA adapters if needs be.
But these DVI adapters only work if there already is an analogue signal included in the DVI cable (i.e. DVI-I)...

i'm more talking about the ps3 core pack without the hdmi. with the vga cable you could at least get the next best thing next to hmdi . better quality then compoenent out.
since a lot of lcd screens have vga inputs .
(talking about experience on my xbox360 where vga gives much more crisp picture quality with less tearing)

Back